Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: East Dallas and/or DFW M4C members sound off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afff_667 View Post
    I'm all for getting the local folks together. I'm in desperate need of some mentoring and basic guidance with my new BCM. I've hunted and been around firearms all my life, but the AR and associated thinking is a new animal for me. I want to take a training class soon, but I'm afraid I don't have enough hands-on experience to even show up for one. I can read and read and read advice, tips, instructions, but I could use some direct help.

So, yeah, I'm in for a brew or two to discuss possibilities....I'm in Frisco, but no place in DFW is really out of the way for me.
    I wouldn't worry about "training" in preparation for a class. As long as you know how your rifle operates (e.g. load magazines, lock the bolt back, use of safety and other basics) and you've at least had some trigger time from a bench, you should be prepared for a basic class. No sense in building bad habits prior to taking a class. I didn't have much experience with my rifle before taking a class at CSAT. At the end of the class I passed all but 2 or 3 of the CSAT standards, which put me in at least the top half of our group of 9 or 10 people.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    I live in Lancaster Tx and I would like to get together will some like-minded people to shoot and train but I work on Saturdays 7am-7pm If it was on a sunday or something like that I could do it.

Feedback Score
    I’m not sure if this is the right area to post my question in, if so would a mod please move to the appropriate thread (I used the search function and couldn’t find a more applicable thread than this one).

I’m am trying to find a reputable entry level handgun class in the DFW area. Currently my home defense weapon is a Glock 19 with a X300 light. There have been a lot of break ins in my neighborhood by campus and I want to be more confident with my pistol. I have shot guns all of my life but from reading/lurking this form for around a year I know I should get the proper training. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Wayne Dobbs is a VSM instructor in Allen.

http://vickerstactical.com/larry-vic...d-instructors/

Give him a shout. I'd be happy to attend an intro pistol class with him as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Swig View Post
    I’m not sure if this is the right area to post my question in, if so would a mod please move to the appropriate thread (I used the search function and couldn’t find a more applicable thread than this one).

I’m am trying to find a reputable entry level handgun class in the DFW area. Currently my home defense weapon is a Glock 19 with a X300 light. There have been a lot of break ins in my neighborhood by campus and I want to be more confident with my pistol. I have shot guns all of my life but from reading/lurking this form for around a year I know I should get the proper training. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This thread may answer your question: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=43110
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Greetings

Hello fellow DFW members,

I have been a member since shortly before purchasing my first AR about a year or so ago. see this thread : ( http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82233 )

I am approaching what I feel is the completion of my HD / training load out and would like to start meeting other SAFE like minded members, and to attend some beginner's courses starting my training. I live in Garland and frequent the range there (Garland Public Range).

What I am searching for (in no particular order):

Carbine class
    Pistol class
    First responder class
    Basic First Aid class \ entry level EMT training.

My basic goal is to be proficient at making holes / patching holes.

Any good info I find I will post share here in this thread. Possibly if others are at my same entry level we could take classes together, or at minimum get some range time others have posted above.

Feel free to PM or IM me for contact info. Hope to meet some or all of you in person.

Feedback Score
    Over here in south Arlington. Just recently got into shooting, and currently shoot at Alpine & Shooting Gallery in East Fort Worth.

TDSA looks nice, but seems like it might be pretty packed? Whats a good day to head out there?

Feedback Score
    Hey Gents,

I'm from Forney, currently in the sandbox. I'm working on my Noveske build while I'm over here, and would love to get some guys together to go shooting when I make it home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by viperashes View Post
    Hey Gents,

I'm from Forney, currently in the sandbox. I'm working on my Noveske build while I'm over here, and would love to get some guys together to go shooting when I make it home.
    Hi viper, hope to see you back over here soon! Details on your build?

Perhaps we could start a list of those of us that get together to shoot regularly. Add yourself if you have been out with us, or intend to and actual WILL show up. Also if you have a preferred range list it.

1. tnt1106 +wife (any range local)
    2. cbyrd556
    3. BigBoss0311
    Last edited by tnt1106; 07-07-11 at 08:30. Reason: adding info

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone. Have been lurking here for awhile. I think this might even be my first post. I shoot at TAW at the Dallas pistol club ( not a member) also trying out Texas Combat shooters pistol match tonight at elm fork. As well I belong to TDSA and try to get out every week. If there are some other things going on I would be interested as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast