Thread: Hornady now manufacturing 6.5 Grendel ammo!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Hornady now manufacturing 6.5 Grendel ammo!

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...20%47%41%4D%45

The Grendel will soon make obsolete the other inferior round
    Last edited by wild_wild_wes; 10-31-09 at 02:08.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well that is good news. But other than Wolf, who else makes 6.5 Grendel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wolf, 3 loadings. 110 FMJ has been cataloged for some time but not yet available.
    Les Baer (loaded exlusively for them by BHA with Sierra Match Kings)).
    Carson Specialty Development (just got the license from Alexander Arms).
    Alexander Arms, umpteen loadings, all with Lapua brass and premium bullets (as with Carson).
    Probably a few more I have forgotten or am not aware of.

Once that Wolf 110 FMJ is out in quantity it'll make owning a 6.5 much easier.

Not sure how up-to-speed Carson is as far as quanity production but I've sampled it and it's really, really good stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would argue that owning a Grendel is much easier/better than owning an AR-10. Right now, you can get Wolf in 6.5 for about $.50 a round. The Wolf 110gr FMJ should be 'training ammo' priced.

I also understand that Fiocchi now has a Grendel license. Any truth to this?

And what is the deal with Carson Specialty Development? I went to their web site and they have a lot of interesting ammo. I like the looks of their very low flash offerings in several calibers. However, I don't see where you can actually buy this ammo.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know any more about them other than I managed to get some samples for an article. Seems they are or were providing test fire ammo to Sabre Defence, that's where I got CSD's info. Like I say, not sure what their production capacity is.

Feedback Score
    I ordered some Hornady brass from Midsouth, they don't have it in stock yet, but are taking backorders now. Same with the ammo. As soon as they acknowledge receiving my ID age verification, I'll order some ammo too.

I've forgotten, doesn't Hornady make their own brass?