Thread: Rumor: No more Win Ranger T for civilians?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Rumor: No more Win Ranger T for civilians?

I heard a rumor that Winchester Ranger T would no longer be available to the general public, only military and law enforcement.

Can anyone confirm this?
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I heard a rumor that Winchester Ranger T would no longer be available to the general public, only military and law enforcement.

Can anyone confirm this?
    That is already Winchester's policy as far as I know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

its

been like that for years

Feedback Score
    Funny!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    been like that for years
    Then how come I purchased it from a gun store in Colorado last summer and they didn't care who I was.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Winchester sells to distributors and tells them how they want their product sold. The distributors sell it how they want. Winchester has no clue who the end user is of their products and I think they know full well civilians are buying it and using it. There's not much they can do about it except maybe pull it from distribution and sell only agency direct, which they aren't going to do.
    Disclaimer: I am the owner of Freakshow Mfg LLC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    Then how come I purchased it from a gun store in Colorado last summer and they didn't care who I was.
    HST-Gold Dot 50 RD boxes-and Ranger have been for the most part LEO rounds that is company policy not law or anything most places still sell to folks if they can get it some wont look at AMMO TO GO they still do. Its really dumb but you can still find it and I think its going to stay that way but who knows.