Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite cold weather shooting glove?

Feedback Score
    @panzerr, your link to the Blackhawk gloves isn't working. Here is a functioning link.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufeldog View Post
    @panzerr, your link to the Blackhawk gloves isn't working. Here is a functioning link.
    thanks for catching that
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Got a pair of OR Omni Gloves for Christmas which worked quite well. They're not a hardcore shooting or cold weather glove, more like a glorified glove liner to be used with a gore-tex shell.

Grip and feel was excellent with no bunching or other annoying bulks that interfered with grip. It allows for significant feedback on the trigger. No noticeable difference between my warm weather shooting gloves except that the OR gloves are much softer/more comfortable.

My fingers were quite warm in 13 degrees with windchill during a 4 hour shoot.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Got a pair of OR Omni Gloves for Christmas which worked quite well. They're not a hardcore shooting or cold weather glove, more like a glorified glove liner to be used with a gore-tex shell.

Grip and feel was excellent with no bunching or other annoying bulks that interfered with grip. It allows for significant feedback on the trigger. No noticeable difference between my warm weather shooting gloves except that the OR gloves are much softer/more comfortable.

My fingers were quite warm in 13 degrees with windchill during a 4 hour shoot.
    do you have the glow in the dark ones ???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpsyr View Post
    Living in upstate NY I've had to deal with bad winters for a long time. I keep my regular shooting/duty gloves but wear a pair of nitrile exam gloves underneath (the same exam gloves doctors, nurses, emt's wear). The exam gloves retain your body heat, are thin enough that you don't lose any dexterity like you would with thicker winter gloves and since you wear them under your duty gloves they are protected so they don't get ripped. At first this sounded a little crazy to me, but then I tried it and wouldn't go back to thicker winter gloves again.
    Brilliant. In Florida this gets my hands to feel like a waterlogged prune, but I imagine in cold weather this would work fantastically. I've got a contract in Eastern Europe and honestly couldn't find gloves that would keep me warm and also provide enough dexterity for Medic work in dynamic environments. I think this will serve the double purpose of keeping me warm and keeping nasties off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seven and a half year necro-post. Awesome first post!

Glad you found something useful in it, how did you come across it?

I read through the first several pages and was going to reply with quote to a guy that posted about the Manzella fleece gloves with the nylon cover on the trigger finger. I loved those but cant find them anyplace. Then I looked at the date. LOL
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 09-20-17 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Seven and a half year necro-post. Awesome first post!

Glad you found something useful in it, how did you come across it?

I read through the first several pages and was going to reply with quote to a guy that posted about the Manzella fleece gloves with the nylon cover on the trigger finger. I loved those but cant find them anyplace. Then I looked at the date. LOL
    Haha I was looking for tactical gloves that were also cold weather, and this came up in Google. I noticed the thread was dead but haven't found such good information anywhere else on the internet. Figured it was worth a shot if I managed to find it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I picked up some Outdoor Research Gripper Gloves on Amazon for $35 last year, went through one winter in Minnesota, but they became my main go to for hunting, shooting and even taking the dog for a walk. I have some heavier gloves I normally wear under 0 degrees F, but for the most part I always go for my OR gloves, I picked up another pair for around $25 a month ago. Haven't dealt with them completely wet, only in a misting rain but the heavier fleece keeps the wind out. They seem to be a nice median weight glove.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Best Cold Weather Tactical Gloves Suggestions

That time of year again...asking if there have been any new products issued in the last year or so. I'm always looking for gloves that will combine ability to shoot and keep hands warm. I know that's a very tough and tall order.

What do folks find to be the best solution?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    5 mil Neoprene dive Gloves.

Use a bullet tip to open up the trigger guard.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast