Thread: No Chance! Ain't never gonna happen...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Question No Chance! Ain't never gonna happen...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT-M4 View Post
    For all of the piston haters out there , it was just announced that HK beat out Colt and FN in the IAR competition for the Marine Corp.

There must be something good about a Piston AR.
    Who announced it? Need a LINKY to the press release. Must have proof!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

You quoted SRT-M4 in a brand new thread? Where was the original quote posted?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The original post was here:

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=488937&postcount=28

Apologies if I transgressed....
    Last edited by MarkG; 11-05-09 at 09:25. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    shens, until verified
    "People should not be afraid of their Government, Governments should be afraid of the people" - V - V for Vendetta

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WTF?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ALLCON,

I cribbed the following posted info from the USMC IAR thread over @ LF.net for all those who might like to know but aren't members over there. Apparently HK is the lone company moving forward in the IAR competition, sans Colt and FN. Take this info for what its worth, but it has been confirmed by Janes if that means anything to you.

Originally posted by pmj:
    Apparently KevinB's information was accurate

This is a post taken directly from the forums over HKpro.com (I hope they don't mind)

quote:
    Word out just today that HK won the contract to advance into the next phase of this proof of concept effort. Only HK - no other companies. That would include the submission of additional next gen test samples. Performance of the HK416 test samples was deemed vastly superior. At least one protest is expected. Way to go HK416!
    G3Kurz

Originally posted by pmj:
    According to Jane's Defense Weekly the report on the HK board is accurate.
    Never Forget Those Who Died
    Never Forget Those Who Killed Them

The Road March is the crucible in which the soul is refined. Pulling the trigger is easy. Humping the load over the distance is where you find out who will be on the ambush site to pull the trigger with you. The Road March defines you. Never quit. Come in ugly if you have to, but come in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    wait, I thought that HK was already out, and it was down to the two Colt entries and the FN
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Frens,

All I can tell you is the info I posted from LF.net was in a post dated Nov 3, 2009, so it should be pretty current info. I don't know anything else as I haven't really been following this whole IAR thing too closely since LWRCi was nixed, other than just reading the latest scuttlebutt over at LF.
    Never Forget Those Who Died
    Never Forget Those Who Killed Them

The Road March is the crucible in which the soul is refined. Pulling the trigger is easy. Humping the load over the distance is where you find out who will be on the ambush site to pull the trigger with you. The Road March defines you. Never quit. Come in ugly if you have to, but come in.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Maybe they'll have a snowballs chance in Hell of getting replacement parts.

I have zero issues with HK but I pay for CS and as far as I'm concerned they have none. Hopefully they'll take better care of the big contracts because they blow to deal with on a single purchase or even department level.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have yet to find something my DI guns won't do that a piston can, but I don't mind being shown differently. I've just yet to be impressed.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend