Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "2012" Director feared fatwa-spares the Kaaba

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    I guess I am more frustrated with the fact that we have to dance around these types of issues. Its ridiculous to me that they would care about something like that when the entire film is about the whole world coming to an end. Where is the logic in taking offense to something like that. You would think they would take it for what it is and not a personal attack and hell they would probably enjoy it since they would get to see the white house demolished. Since you can't reason with these people, I guess the director did the right thing erring on the side of caution.
    You wouldn't think someone would take offense at political cartoons either but there is(was?) a bounty on the heads of the Danish cartoonists who made those Mohammed cartoons too. It is a different mentality...
    Last edited by MPi-KMS-72; 11-04-09 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    As if being an American wasn't enough reason for a rag head to hate you.

Feedback Score
    That movie looks REALLY lame. According to real mass extinction cycles, we aren't in any danger for at least a couple million years...

Not as disgusting as the SAW movies but still..

Feedback Score
    See also Theo van Gogh

Feedback Score
    FWIW, this story was forwarded to me at work under the subject line "terrorism works."
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Can we just blow it up in real life and call it even?
    Hee, hee, giggle, giggle. Now that's funny.

Not to take it too far off track, but I've never understood why we have such problems with enemies that cringe at the sight of a side of bacon or a used tampon.

Who could ever have a problem with 'torture' that included Baco's Bits? That's not torture, that's a salad bar. Spread some honey on a guys junk and walk him into a pigery. Drop some hungry boars in kevlar into the A&P-stan mountians for the winter.

Sorry, been couped up at home the last few days.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Can we just blow it up in real life and call it even?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

I give the director credit for at least saying this:

Emmerich went on: "We have to all, in the western world, think about this. You can actually let Christian symbols fall apart, but if you would do this with [an] Arab symbol, you would have ... a fatwa, and that sounds a little bit like what the state of this world is.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    we should blow it up with dirty pig tampons tied to slabs of bacon and strapped onto more pigs

get a whole bunch of the terrorists and shave em bald and put them in the blast range

Feedback Score
    It speaks volumes about the kind of situation we are in. The elephant in the room that noone will discuss (because it isn't politically correct) is that the western (Judeo-christian) world has mentally and culturally evolved and progressed, while the Islamic world is still stuck somewhere in the dark ages. These people are 12th century tribesman with Kalashnikovs and RPGs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    It speaks volumes about the kind of situation we are in. The elephant in the room that noone will discuss (because it isn't politically correct) is that the western (Judeo-christian) world has mentally and culturally evolved and progressed, while the Islamic world is still stuck somewhere in the dark ages. These people are 12th century tribesman with Kalashnikovs and RPGs.
    and petro dollars, chalets in Vail, lobyists in Washington and sympethizers in universities.

I can't eat a pulled pork sandwhich in Medina.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast