Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDC pack or B.O.B. pictures

Feedback Score

EDC pack or B.O.B. pictures

I have seen a few pictures already on this site but was wondering if we could start a picture tread for EDC packs & bags &/or B.O.B. Along with the pictures if perhaps you could explain what bag you are using, a brief list of contents & why you chose the bag & contents you have. I am at the start of building a usable daily carry bag & would love to see what some of you guys have for ideas.
    Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Feedback Score
    Wow a 105 views & no bites...huh
    Last edited by Spade; 11-08-09 at 23:46.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also would like to see some other's ideas. I'm in the process of building my own BOB off of an ATS RAID pack. I'd like to know what everyone puts in theirs (and why). So let's see them!
    I was staying in a hotel and I asked for a wake up call. The next morning the phone rang... a voice said "What are you doing with your life?"

I'm up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll Bite,

Its not so much as a BOB (Singular) as BOB'"S", If we are moving in a vehicle then the camper has a individual BOB for each member of the family. For the kids the basic BOB is clothing, boots, Medication (Allergy), Drink Mix (Kids get tried of plain water very quickly) and a small non-battery toy. I don't pack food or water as they are already covered in the food stores BOB. If we have to go on foot then the kids have small black back-packs and they carry small food items and water, small first aid kit and the basic emergency poncho and mylar sleeping bags and blankets plus a small LED flashlight. I keep these packs as light as possible under four pounds as we all know kids will ran out of energy quickly after a long walk and guess who will have to hump that gear in the end. Both me and the wife have mid-sized hikers back packs which have redundant items inside like food, fire making items, Meds, ammo, Com, NV, tarp and para cord for shelters, first aid....ect that way if I have to engage and lure away aggressors she will have the same gear to support herself and the kids. We decided on Glock 9mm pistols with adaptable supporting gear to reduce weight and to be able to conceal them when necessary.

I'LL fire up the digital camera and take some photos in the next few days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    I'll Bite,

Its not so much as a BOB (Singular) as BOB'"S", If we are moving in a vehicle then the camper has a individual BOB for each member of the family. For the kids the basic BOB is clothing, boots, Medication (Allergy), Drink Mix (Kids get tried of plain water very quickly) and a small non-battery toy. I don't pack food or water as they are already covered in the food stores BOB. If we have to go on foot then the kids have small black back-packs and they carry small food items and water, small first aid kit and the basic emergency poncho and mylar sleeping bags and blankets plus a small LED flashlight. I keep these packs as light as possible under four pounds as we all know kids will ran out of energy quickly after a long walk and guess who will have to hump that gear in the end. Both me and the wife have mid-sized hikers back packs which have redundant items inside like food, fire making items, Meds, ammo, Com, NV, tarp and para cord for shelters, first aid....ect that way if I have to engage and lure away aggressors she will have the same gear to support herself and the kids. We decided on Glock 9mm pistols with adaptable supporting gear to reduce weight and to be able to conceal them when necessary.

I'LL fire up the digital camera and take some photos in the next few days.
    I like the idea of a kiddy size pack for the munchkin. I'll have to come up with something for that.

Feedback Score
    Right now I have started with a plain black JanSport pack I had. I am looking a the Maxped Pygmy Falcon to replace it. Right now my gear list is pretty small since I have just really started.

Military poncho
    3 small candles
    small sewing kit
    pack of napkins
    2 extra pistol mags.
    safety pins
    snare wire
    Hothands hand warmers
    water purification tabs
    extra batteries
    matches in water proof container
    Knife sharpener
    Magnesium fire starter tool
    550 survival bracelet
    2 water bottles
    Small first aid kit
    bandana
    Deet bug spray
    Small folding stove
    Pace beads
    Old Timer lockback knife
    Playing cards.

Thats if for now. What do you guys think or recommend?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would suggest adding a small nylon tarp and some para cord to make a shelter during rest periods in bad weather, I single dark green or brown tarp blends in nicely during spring, summer and fall and weighs less just over a pound. I would also watch what kind of bug juice your using as some will cause rash and skin problems with extended use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    I would suggest adding a small nylon tarp and some para cord to make a shelter during rest periods in bad weather, I single dark green or brown tarp blends in nicely during spring, summer and fall and weighs less just over a pound. I would also watch what kind of bug juice your using as some will cause rash and skin problems with extended use.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start looking around for a tarp. What size do you recomend?

Feedback Score
    Attachment 3589

Attachment 3590

Attachment 3591

Attachment 3592

Attachment 3593

HERE are some pix of two of my bags
    the top bag is a Eagle LE BOB loaded as i carried it daily

the next pack is a Kelty Pengrine 1800 loaded as i carried daily

I currently use a ATS COBRA raid for daily carry
    Last edited by Roy; 07-01-10 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast