Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: reloading a 5.56 brass using .223 dies

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Excuse me for asking but what does the H20 capacity refer to?
    "The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26775
    My feedback page.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E98T View Post
    Using water as a method of measuring capacity, since water will fill the case completely, including nooks, crannies, etc that other medias might not be able to due to surface tension.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E98T View Post
    How much water an empty case holds. A measure of case capacity basically
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    How much water an empty case holds. A measure of case capacity basically
    Simu-Post. Was it good for you Chad?
    Kelly H

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    not to highjack the thread, but Im going to be doing reloads, and all my brass is 5.56 Lake City. My question is, Im wanting to load to XM193 Specs, would the 30.4 grains be what I would want to start off trying with?
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    not to highjack the thread, but Im going to be doing reloads, and all my brass is 5.56 Lake City. My question is, Im wanting to load to XM193 Specs, would the 30.4 grains be what I would want to start off trying with?
    Please go buy a reloading manual, they are relatively inexpensive and it will have most of the information you need to get going, along with load data.

Loading to replicate XM193 will vary depending on the type of powder you use. Before ya start throwing powder charges, do a little reading, it will save you a lot of headache (physically and mentally) in the long run.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesh View Post
    Please go buy a reloading manual, they are relatively inexpensive and it will have most of the information you need to get going, along with load data.

Loading to replicate XM193 will vary depending on the type of powder you use. Before ya start throwing powder charges, do a little reading, it will save you a lot of headache (physically and mentally) in the long run.
    What he said.

The 30.4 grains is just water capacity used as a relative measure of overall case capacity when comparing cases and of little or no other use and it has no real relation to any sort of load you might use.

Get a loading manual or three and read them. Especially the parts at the front that are not recipes but general HOW TO and other bits of wisdom and knowledge on reloading.
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    already got them. just cant find ANY data on XM193 loads so I was just curious, no need to come off sounding like assholes.... cause thats what ya just did.

already do handloads for 45ACP, 40S&W, 44mag, 45 Colt, 308, 30-06 and a few others. just cant find any data on the XM193 factory loads and want to come as close as possible to those.
    Last edited by jwfuhrman; 11-16-09 at 12:24.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    already got them. just cant find ANY data on XM193 loads so I was just curious, no need to come off sounding like assholes.... cause thats what ya just did.

Pot, meet kettle.

You asked a question which was ignorant and in the hope of helping you and making it clear to others so that they don't hurt themselves we pointed out your error.

The only one sounding like an asshole is you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

just cant find any data on the XM193 factory loads and want to come as close as possible to those.
    That would be because there aren't any manuals that are going to give reloads as 'matching xxx spec', in this case XM193. What you'd have to do is chronograph some XM193 out of your rifle then start with an underpower load and work your way up to a similar fps reading. Given your extensive experience with other loads, I would have thought you'd know this.
    Kelly H

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast