Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: reloading a 5.56 brass using .223 dies

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.

You asked a question which was ignorant and in the hope of helping you and making it clear to others so that they don't hurt themselves we pointed out your error.

The only one sounding like an asshole is you.
    +1

RTFM is very important when it comes to reloading, haha.

As for chasing M-193 specs, you'll definitely need a chronograph, and learn to read pressure signs. Most published "max" loads are conservative, and my acquaintances and I have been able to go above max rec loads without problem.

However, I also know a person who managed to Kaboom his Noveske 3-gun rifle.

When it comes to making M-193 style bullets, I just stick to loads between published max/min charges, which is 25.0 grains of AA2230. I'm only shooting paper, so i really don't need that extra velocity of M-193 spec.

Internet advice is only advice, follow manuals and your own data.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    ya know, this is the first time Im going to blatently say people on this forum are just pure useless cocky assholes when someone asks a question. yes, I have a chrono, yes I have tested the XM193 loads over it. what I was asking for is if anyone else had loaded anything close and what kind of results they were getting. there is no need for any of you to act high and mighty and treat other people who have questions to such things as dumb ignorant morons.

last time Ill ask for help from any of you in here.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    +1

RTFM is very important when it comes to reloading, haha.

As for chasing M-193 specs, you'll definitely need a chronograph, and learn to read pressure signs. Most published "max" loads are conservative, and my acquaintances and I have been able to go above max rec loads without problem.

However, I also know a person who managed to Kaboom his Noveske 3-gun rifle.

When it comes to making M-193 style bullets, I just stick to loads between published max/min charges, which is 25.0 grains of AA2230. I'm only shooting paper, so i really don't need that extra velocity of M-193 spec.

Internet advice is only advice, follow manuals and your own data.

this is what I was looking for, what kinda of results you were getting, and what you would recommend trying, powder wise, bullet types and the other such.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    ya know, this is the first time Im going to blatently say people on this forum are just pure useless cocky assholes when someone asks a question. yes, I have a chrono, yes I have tested the XM193 loads over it. what I was asking for is if anyone else had loaded anything close and what kind of results they were getting. there is no need for any of you to act high and mighty and treat other people who have questions to such things as dumb ignorant morons.

Dude, you are just digging it deeper and deeper. The more you open your mouth about this the less ignorant and more stupid the question becomes. There is nothing wrong with asking a question in ignorance. There is something wrong in asking a stupid question when you claim to know better and "have all the gear and experience" to prove it.

You never asked if anyone had loaded anything close and what results were. This is exactly what you asked:

Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman
    not to highjack the thread, but Im going to be doing reloads, and all my brass is 5.56 Lake City. My question is, Im wanting to load to XM193 Specs, would the 30.4 grains be what I would want to start off trying with?
    Coming in a thread soon after a chart was posted that shows that certain LC brass has a water capacity of 30.4 grains, it appeared to be an innocent but ignorant question relating water capacity to how much powder might be used for a certain loading, XM193 in your case. If asked by someone ignorant of reloading than an ignorant question is understandable and would be corrected in a straightforward non condemning way. However, thanks to you, we now know it was more than ignorant. It was stupid. Someone who has loaded as much as you claim should know that powder charge depends on type of powder etc and has nothing directly to do with case capacity (relationally).

You were corrected in a reasonable way and you come back complaining about all of us "assholes." You never asked what you claim you were asking -- how are we to know how much experience and what sort of gear you have and what you really meant?
    Last edited by chadbag; 11-16-09 at 14:57. Reason: typo
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    humm, maybe we started off on the wrong foot here I do believe.

What Im really wanting to know is what have other people that have loaded "to" 193 specs. ie, what did they find worked best for them be it powder, bullet, primer, ect. That way I can get a base of things to try to see what works for me.

Guess my initial post was a little bland in what I was truely looking for and the follow up posts by others seemed.... rude? but in truth were mis-reading what I was wanting as well, since I didnt post with the right info.

Either way, what have others tried(and come to like/use) so I know where to start to see what works best for me.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    humm, maybe we started off on the wrong foot here I do believe.

What Im really wanting to know is what have other people that have loaded "to" 193 specs. ie, what did they find worked best for them be it powder, bullet, primer, ect. That way I can get a base of things to try to see what works for me.

Guess my initial post was a little bland in what I was truely looking for and the follow up posts by others seemed.... rude? but in truth were mis-reading what I was wanting as well, since I didnt post with the right info.

Either way, what have others tried(and come to like/use) so I know where to start to see what works best for me.
    Can I suggest starting a new thread with your question? This thread is really about using 223 dies for 5.56 ammo and not 223 load info.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    good point
    Last edited by jwfuhrman; 11-16-09 at 16:44.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

----------------------

----------------------

Feedback Score

I hear ya man.. I learned a couple months ago not to ask questions. People just snap at you and make you feel stupid.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good job digging up a thread from 6 months ago. Molon posted verifiable, quantifiable data and got BS in return. Expect that if you make a statement that's patently wrong you'll be called out on it..

Its not that people are such raging assholes on M4C, its that the dramanet is SO full of bad information, none of which is tolerated here. Thank God for M4C.
    Last edited by KellyTTE; 04-26-10 at 21:03.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    And here we go again.. Okay shoot me I did a search for reloading 5.56 and I didn't look at the date. But your reply just happens to solidify exactly what we are talking about.

You know what they say. If you don't have anything nice to say just keep your mouth shut.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast