Thread: 6.5 grendel reloading

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

6.5 grendel reloading

I've read that AA recommends using CCI #450 primers for their 6.5G cases, however I've also read some people using CCI 400 primers for grendel cases. Anyone here have any experience with this option? I can find 400s locally but 450s seem to be "unobtanium."
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    AA recomends magnum small rifle primers for the AA and Lapua brass. I've used CCI #450, Rem 7 1/2, Federal 205M and some MagTech 7 1/2 with no problems. The Wolf Small Rifle Magnum primers are suppose to work well as well. The main reason is to prevent punctured primers and the magnum and BR primers are a bit thicker.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    check out the grendel forum, it has all the data you would ever need there.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTRocks View Post
    I've read that AA recommends using CCI #450 primers for their 6.5G cases, however I've also read some people using CCI 400 primers for grendel cases. Anyone here have any experience with this option? I can find 400s locally but 450s seem to be "unobtanium."
    The 6.5 Grendel Forum is down at the moment, they hope to get it back up in a day or two. They'll let us know later.

I ordered CCI small rifle magnum primers from Graf's a couple of days ago, they should be here tomorrow if the shipping info is correct. According to my information, in addition to having a thicker cup material, they have a stronger ignition burn which more thoroughly ignites ball powders.
    Pat

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Hostilis Civitas!

Feedback Score
    I just received a case of CCI 450 primers and a pound of powder to use in handloading 6.5 Grendel. The supplies came from Grafs, I suspect the primers were sent because I didn't split the case, which contains 5k primers. While it will take a while to use that many, they're cheap enough to order that way and not worry about using them right away, it's better to ge them than not at all.
    Pat

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Hostilis Civitas!