Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR

Feedback Score

SCAR

Anyone have one yet I know only the 5.56 ones our out but I would like a 16" .308 version in black, some guy tried to quote me 4000 grand but I am thinking in a year they will be more like 2600, any idea's feedback from owners

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockenLoad View Post
    Anyone have one yet I know only the 5.56 ones our out but I would like a 16" .308 version in black, some guy tried to quote me 4000 grand but I am thinking in a year they will be more like 2600, any idea's feedback from owners
    Are they going to be compatible with the SR25/DPMS/PMAG pattern?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnVassilakos View Post
    Are they going to be compatible with the SR25/DPMS/PMAG pattern?
    I haven't even heard a peep about a commercial release of the SCAR-Heavy, but the military ones use a different magazine. Unless there has been a recent change they are modified FAL mags.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I haven't even heard a peep about a commercial release of the SCAR-Heavy, but the military ones use a different magazine. Unless there has been a recent change they are modified FAL mags.
    That's disappointing to hear. I played with a SCAR in 5.56 the other day and was strongly considering a SCAR-Heavy. I am all about mags on hand working with the new stuff I buy whenever possible and I really don't want to invest in a bunch of FAL mags just for one gun.

Feedback Score
    Can any FN employees verify this?

Is it true that while similar in appearance, FAL mags can not be modified to work in the SCAR-H due to the internals being different?
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    Can any FN employees verify this?

Is it true that while similar in appearance, FAL mags can not be modified to work in the SCAR-H due to the internals being different?
    True - FAL magazines can not be modified to work in the SCAR. While there are similarities, the two magazines (FAL and SCAR-H) are not interchangeable (the body, feedlips, spring, and follower are all different).

Hope this helps,
    Clint
    Clint Lynch
    Sentinel Design LLC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I went with Gunslinger to pick up his copy (civilian) at the gun store last week. I am convinced, after shooting the real thing at a Vickers class last year and then handling the civilian version, that the SCAR is the rifle of the future. It is the kind of step forward that piston uppers just aren't and can't be.

Just my $0.02.

M_P

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No announcement for a civvie Mk.17 Mod O SCAR-H.....

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    The SCAR is nice and everything but I REALLY want the pistol in that picture. I hope they become available.
    Really glad to be done with MSAR.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm hoping to get some trigger time with the SCAR in December. It's certainly one of the more intriguing piston solutions but there are areas where I would have liked to have seen more innovation. Primarily in terms of the controls which I would like to see be totally accessible with either hand in the firing grip. As it is they just maintained the standard AR controls but with a shorter throw on the selector (which I do think is a good thing, however).

The starting weight is a little disapointing as well. The FN commercial site has it listed at 7lbs 4 oz. It's possible to assemble a pencil-barrel AR with equal (or even more) rail space and flip-up sights that is a full pound lighter.
    Last edited by rob_s; 11-05-09 at 08:03.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast