Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STG-556 for a Grand!

Feedback Score
    Tomac: Does the tulip flash hider come off easilly? I want to get an E4 generation but wanted to also use my suppressor on it. Do you know if the barrel threads are 12/x28? If not do you know if MSAR makes thread adapters?

MadDog

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Tomac: Does the tulip flash hider come off easilly? I want to get an E4 generation but wanted to also use my suppressor on it. Do you know if the barrel threads are 12/x28? If not do you know if MSAR makes thread adapters?
    MadDog
    The STG flash hiders are metric reverse-threaded (M13x1 IIRC). The new E4's are std 1/2x28 so if you want to use a suppressor I'd suggest getting the E4.
    HTH...
    Tomac
    Last edited by Tomac; 11-15-09 at 13:26.
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is the E4 replacing the STG design that uses the MSAR or AUG mags, or is MSAR making both types? Rather go with a platform that uses AUG (or even the MSAR) magazines, but can't buy for a few months.
    Last edited by DrewH; 11-15-09 at 13:19. Reason: typos

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
    Is the E4 replacing the STG design that uses the MSAR or AUG mags, or is MSAR making both types? Rather go with a platform that uses AUG (or even the MSAR) magazines, but can't buy for a few months.
    I believe the E4 is replacing the STG but they share most parts and Dave has mentioned that they will continue to support the original STG w/mags and such. Btw, I, too, prefer the MSAR mags, especially the 42rd mag. They've been rugged & reliable w/40% more ammo (so fewer reloads) and I find the extra length to make manipulation easier when grasping the mag w/o having to use Magpuls or Ranger Plates.
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    I's curious what the price for the upcoming MSAR 9mm/pistol caliber carbines will be. These carbines appear to still be in development, and I dont know when we will see them.

With the STG selling for $995, It seems the pistol caliber carbines would be lower.

Feedback Score
    The MCS carbine will be right around $1000. It shares a few parts with the STG like the hammer pack and top rail, but everything else is new molds and new tooling.
    Really glad to be done with MSAR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12