Thread: Who makes this safety??

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    How much wobble? Some movement is normal. Its only held in place by a detent...

A good ambi safety is LMT if you want to go that route.

If the current safety is too loose I would get a replacement Colt part from Specialized Armament along with a new spring and detent while you are at it.

Personally I don't buy lowers with unknown LPK's in them but maybe thats just me...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Who makes this safety??

Hello. I prefer reading over posting because I still don't know that much about ARs but I must ask this. Earlier this year before I knew anything about the AR system I purchased a Kaiser Defense lower (from a guy in Texas, lol) on GunsAmerica. KD lowers are good stuff but I should have done research before buying since it came with a commercial receiver extension, CAR buttstock and who knows LPK. My main concern is the safety that came with it.

As you can see in the picture, there is NO indent to tell which position the safety is at from the right side. It "wobbles" too when I flip from safe to fire. It does it job but I don't like the lack to attention to detail. I'd take a seperate picture with the safety itself but I don't have a screwdriver here to take off the MOE grip, I need to borrow one from work.

I am planning to buy an ambi safety from a reputable dealer once I find a good price. In the meantime I scratched a line on it but its hard to see in the pic.

I definitely should have read through this site before purchasing but I have learned my lesson since then. I got a nice DDM4 as my DI gun and plan on a BCM mid-length in the future.

Any help IDing this safety is appreciated...
    Last edited by lawusmc0844; 11-15-09 at 21:08. Reason: Forgot to add some minor details before posting

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks for the quick reply. The "wobbling" is the right side of the safety with an uneven surface. When it rotates, it has that effect unlike my DDM4 or issued M4 with the slightly protruding face and indent. Another thing I noticed is that my DDM4 on safe, they is NO play with the trigger at all. On this lower, there is some trigger play while on safe. I hope its minor like upper/lower fit...

Don't worry, I haven't bought unknown stuff since then.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    An Ambi safety only cost $30.00 or so. I bought and LMT the other day. The lady at LMT said there was a $100 minimum, as we talked, she let me know that was only to make the $12.00 shipping charge not seem so high. Cause I did not want to buy a shit one to replace my RRA shitty one.

Poor Quality takes on many different looks and feels. My RRA safety worked OK, it just felt horrible and kinda stuck compared to LMT or Colt.