Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMAG Ranger Plate Install?

Feedback Score

PMAG Ranger Plate Install?

Procedure for ranger plate install on pmag. Any info appreciated.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    You replace the existing floor plate with the ranger plate. Stickman did a guide for pmag disassembly, so just look at that, and put the ranger plate on when you're reassembling it.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ead.php?t=1074

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You depress the follower, slide off the old one, slide the new one on, and your done.

The PMAG ranger plates are so much easier to install than the GI ones.

Feedback Score
    Got it! Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Of course if you're trying to install the Magpul Ranger Plate for the USGI mags, you won't ever get it on... don't ask me how I know this morning as I was trying to put it together...

Feedback Score
    seriously?? A spammer on M4C?
    "I'm just two seconds behind you in the back...."

"Moving!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All my pmag ranger plates came with a set of instructions. Did you get these used or something? Only reason I ask is because things have a tendancy to get replicated with cheaper materials. I've never seen any "fakes", but if they are, Magpul may want to know about it.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    All my pmag ranger plates came with a set of instructions. Did you get these used or something? Only reason I ask is because things have a tendancy to get replicated with cheaper materials. I've never seen any "fakes", but if they are, Magpul may want to know about it.
    I've ordered the PMAG Ranger Plates about 5-7 different times, with different quantities each time usually... 90% of the time they came in a clear plastic baggie or mixed in with the other items I ordered from whichever places I made my order from.

I know I got instructions for them at least once, maybe twice. But usually there aren't any with the Ranger Plates from my experience.

Hey Mate, or anybody else, how exactly did you get the damn floor plates off your GI mags for the magpul GI ranger plates? I tried like hell to get mine off just to install magpul's no-tilt follower, but failed miserably!

Semper Fi,

Paul

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Retreat,

On GI mags, there's a small indentation and a hole on the rear of the floor plate. Put the tip of a bullet in there, and pry it up (rear of bullet to front of magazine) and push with your other hands thumb on the floor plate. On the inside of the floorplate, there are two tabs that prying it up like that will get them over the edge of the magazine. Should come off fairly easy then.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    yeah, you have to slightly bend the floor plate on the GI mags to get em off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast