Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody hunt with their fighting shotguns?

Feedback Score
    i use my Remington 1100 16ga for everything.
    and home defense.
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I swap barrels on my 870 for turkeys (painted them both to match the gun) and carry it with the 18 inch barrel and slugs when I don't want to lug my rifle on deer drives.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    I have a 20" 590A1 with ghost rings sights that I shoot skeet with from time to time. I'm really good at shooting skeet, but usually my buddies with 1100's/870's clean my clock when I'm using the 590A1. It's a fun challenge and good practice IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I change out my mag extension tube to the standard 5 round with 3-shell limiter for dove season on my Benelli M2 TAC. I get looks, laughs, and eyes rolling when I bring the black gun out for dove season. Downed 9 doves on opening day and it put the end to that. It's not the weapon, it's the user. 18.5" barrel on full choke. Even take it turkey hunting, but I have to get them a little closer.

I love my M2.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post
    I hunt with my old Browning A5 made in 1946 or was it 48'. Anyway, barrel been cut back before I got it to 20" cyl bore. I've fitted fiber optic sights to it since and it has taken rabbit, quail, and deer. My extended tube Remington 870 with either the 18" cly bore or 20" rifle sight cly bore has been used on a few deer drives with buckshot but never taken a shot.

CD
    Update my post since 09', I've gotten two more barrels for my 870. 21" Rem choked Mossy Oak pattern w/fiber optic rifle sights and XFull choke for turkey. 28" vent rib, parkerized Rem choked for birds.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't hunt, but I have Remington 870 with 18 inch barrel. I also have a standard barrel with screw in chokes, which I can change in one minute and shoot a clay pigeon or two.

Feedback Score
    My post kinda goes the opposite way. I have an old 870 Wingmaster that used to be my dove and occasionally duck gun. I haven't done any bird hunting is several years now so instead of buy a "Tactical Shotgun", I removed the barrel and stored it in my safe and added a new Remington (by Mossberg) 18.5" barrel to it. I can still pass it on to my son with the barrel it has and the original 30" FC barrel. It's now my 'patrol shotgun' and I can easily convert it back if I ever want to shoot some birds.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I killed a hog with a Mossberg 500. Head shot with a slug

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a 22" rifled barrel and 28" bird barrel in addition to the 5-shot 18" barrel on my 1300. Ive never killed anything with it but will use it for pheasant and possibly whitetail this year before I go back down south.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123