Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody hunt with their fighting shotguns?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hunt with my old Browning A5 made in 1946 or was it 48'. Anyway, barrel been cut back before I got it to 20" cyl bore. I've fitted fiber optic sights to it since and it has taken rabbit, quail, and deer. My extended tube Remington 870 with either the 18" cly bore or 20" rifle sight cly bore has been used on a few deer drives with buckshot but never taken a shot.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    Used my Benelli M1 with Winchester low recoil slugs last year to take a doe at 93 yards, the ghost rings worked great!

Feedback Score
    Like R.E. Schoening I also use LE reduced recoils slugs ..... The M1Tac throws them so well it is scarey. I have taken deer with Win Ranger, Federal and this year Speer. I have never recovered one yet..... but all my shots have been under 50 yds.

I do not regret clipping off the top half of the rear ghost ring circle at all. Simple quick and easy sight picture.

H

Feedback Score

Remington 870 Pump

I have taken my issued shotgun rabbit and deer hunting and recently killed a black bear (275 ibs) with it. He was struck by a car on I85 and it broke both his rear legs. He was extremely mad and my issued pistol didn't seem like a good choice
    It's a good idea to practice with what you carry and what better way than to use it hunting. Being a firearms instructor I have seen guys come to the range for qualification and didn't look like they'd ever used a shotgun; I know ya'll seen folks like that as well.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

-- Declaration of Independence, 1776

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have used an old Winchester 1200 with scratched up wood furniture that is my pig hunting SG in New Zealand. 1oz slugs are great on pigs.

I haven't had the chance to hunt pigs here in the states, but I bought a Win 1300 for when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've used my old Mossey 18" bbl a few times. For the amount of hunting I do anymore, I can't justify having a dedicated shotgun just for that.

Feedback Score
    I bought my Benelli M3 Super 90 shotgun for that reason back in 90 with rifle sights. Il deer no rifle hunting allowed. the only option that I didn't get was the pistol grip stock. So I guess it don't count as a tactical gun then
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    What else would you use one for????

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hunt turkey and dove with this every year...
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use my M-4 to hunt deer and have killed 3 buck with it. I use T1 on an ADM low mount.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast