Thread: M&P 22 or Buckmark?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

M&P 22 or Buckmark?

Hey guys, I've got 2 M&P FS 9's. One stays at home for HD and the other goes everywhere with me. For cheaper training, I have a Browning Buckmark 22. I love the little pistol...It runs perfectly, never malfunctioned, is accurate, and has a great trigger. I just wonder how realistic it is for training purposes because it's so easy to shoot. With Grant selling the M&P 22's for $299, I could sell my Buckmark locally and basically have an even swap.

Would you do it? Why or why not?

Thanks!
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I also have a M&P9 so I bought the M&P22.
    I love it. I have never had a malfunction. Its also fun and cheap to shoot.
    I would definitely buy another.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I sold off my Ruger 22/45 and went with the M&P 22, and have not regretted it. The M&P 22 is not as laser-accurate as the 22/45, but it's accurate enough. And it's a lot more practical: it fits in the same holsters as my M&P9 FS, and lets me train on the same operating system. Plus, teardown/reassembly is WAY less hassle with the M&P.

Feedback Score
    I've had a Buckmark for 5 years and my brother for about 10 years and they are great 22s. I have never shot the M&P. I think the Buckmark is super but the M&P might be better for muscle memory for you. Two good choices and either will be good practice.
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    Yes...great for JUST the fun of it!
    Daniel Defense V4
    Benelli Super Vinci
    Tikka T3 SS Lam .270wsm
    Vortex Dealer

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't trade my Buckmark for another .22, it fits my hand way too well. If you want the M&P .22 sell something else to get it. I don't know how good the M&P is but I can almost garuantee you will regret selling the Buckmark.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ash, different guns, get both...

I have a High Standard .22 and I treat it as a target pistol. Your Buckmark should have roughly the same accuracy.

I shoot M&Ps and got a M&P .22 for the same reasons as yours - it fits my holsters and has the same size grip but the trigger and sights are not exactly the same as my FS M&Ps and recoil is different so some people would say training is not exactly equal. but for me, close enough...

You are welcome to shoot my M&P before you buy but I would say keep the Buckmark and get the M&P. I think you'll be glad you did...
    never push a wrench...