Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankee Hill Machine products???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yankee Hill Machine products???

I was considering ordering YHM lightweight free float hand guards and possilby their low profile gas block.

Just curious to those of you who have used their products and wanted to know about the fitment and quality of them. Also likes and dislikes?

Any feedback or opinions are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Shane

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I had a YHM lightweight Spectre length quadrail on my 9mm for a number of years. Quality was OK, nothing special but completely acceptable. It seemed solid and never gave me any trouble.

What finally did it for me was the plumpness of the handguard - it felt quite a bit fatter than other quadrails.

It's gone and being replaced with a Troy TRX Extreme.

Feedback Score
    For the money, I think that YHM gear is an excellent value.

Feedback Score
    I have a YHM light weight free float (rifle length) over a 16" heavy barrel on a spare rifle. I agree, nothing special but a good value. I use it for 3 gun, instructing, and as a back-up when my duty gun is down or dirty. It's seen a reasonable amount of abuse with no complaints. There are better rails out there, I just don't think there are better cheaper rails. Now compared to my MRP......it leaves a little to be desired-Norcal911

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all the responses! I have been cosidering it for a while now. I think the price seems pretty reasonable and I like the rather large holes in the forgrip for venting the heat.

They claim to be mil-spec, has anyone noticed that fitment is bad for accessories?

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    YHM rails are heavier than their more expensive brethren.

Some people claim out of spec rails. It is possible that they have had some, as most manufacturers probably do once in a while produce a lemon, but I have not had any complaints back from the ones I have sold.

I use the more expensive lighter rails myself. (DD, Troy)
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    I have a YHM Phantom comp. It was like 30 bucks, including shipping. Nothing wrong with it what so ever and in my oppinion functions just as we as some I've tried costing 2-3 times as much. Have'nt tried any of their other products though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The weight thing is a problem, I have been looking into the weight of different rails, but am having trouble finding the information.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'Zeus View Post
    I was considering ordering YHM lightweight free float hand guards and possilby their low profile gas block.

Just curious to those of you who have used their products and wanted to know about the fitment and quality of them. Also likes and dislikes?

Any feedback or opinions are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Their products (specifically their rails) tend to be more on the "industrial" side. This means that they can be overly heavy, sharp and big. Not as refined as other rails.

C4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast