Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guncrafter Pistol With No Name

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Guncrafter Pistol With No Name

I hadn't seen one of these on here, so I thought I'd post it. I went looking for a new 1911 to replace my Ed Brown, and after lots of research, went with a Guncrafter No Name. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so here's some pics and first impressions. While some guys here have clearly owned more and fancier 1911's than I have, I've owned a few. No safe queens. My 1911s do a lot of training/working and get carried daily. So I pick carefully. My last 1911 was one of the first Ed Brown Special Forces (Carbon Steel/GenIII). I had just under 20K rounds through the Brown.

In a coupla weeks when I get back from traveling, I'll update with some rounds through it.

Not having shot it yet, I do like the design philosophy of the No Name. The attention to detail is where it should be. All gun, no crap. The finish is similar to Bruce Gray's Superblack. The checkering is aggressive but not overly so. The EGW style bushing and nice barrel crown are nice touches. The grip safety is perfectly fit. It's tight but not ridiculous. I've owned guns that were so tight out of the box it was ridiculous. I remember when I first got the EB, I put a dent in my thumb getting the bushing off (don't own any bushing wrenches, and maybe I'm old fashioned, but don't think you should need them). I'm usually not a fan of slide top lines, but these are different. Usually, these are shallow, high LPI that'll get ****ed up if you hit a door or something with them. These are deep, low LPI, heavy cut lines that look like a plowman and a machinist got together for some steel work. I think they'll take strikes without getting flattened. The serrations on the sides are fine. And no crazy stuff on the slide is nice. I was always a little oddly embarrassed by "Special Forces" rolled on the slide of my EB.

Sights are great. I have Heinies on almost all my guns.

Trigger dry fire is pretty much on par with any nice 1911 like EB, Les Baer, Wilson, yadda.

I really like the 15 LPI, they're tough. They also look like they won't get easily flattened bouncing off hard shit. I also like the no-lanyward MSH.

So, so far so good.

The only thing I DON'T like are the grips. They're a little over done both in looks and grip for my tastes. I switched to some 10-8 VZ's that I had, and had softened with 400 grit.

I also bought some nice new leather. A Milt Sparks VM2 and a coupla Del Fatti Mag holders. Some embedded photos.

More to come!
    Last edited by noops; 09-10-11 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Looks awesome.

I've never heard a complaint about a Guncrafter 1911. I bet it'll live up to their reputation.

Feedback Score
    Nice
    "The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."—Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Real nice!

Feedback Score
    Very clean. Standing by for range report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to the range report.
    Last edited by pezzulli; 09-10-11 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    You saying that rear sight is a Heinie?

Let me know wich one

Thanks

Real sharp gun hope it shoots as well as it looks
    Last edited by Guns-up.50; 09-10-11 at 23:29.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sweet 1911. Never heard of them, but I will have to check them out a little more.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Word on the street among those who know such things is that these No Name 1911s represent one of the strongest value-for-the-dollar propositions going right now. They aren't cheap, of course, but they are extremely well-built. You did well.

AC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    nice pistol.
    I have been hoping for an American or No Name for some time, fantastic pistols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast