Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT1911, feasible 1911 for defense?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    You're looking for validation on a purchase that you've already made.

I know of no serious smith/1911 guru who has anything positive to say about them. Taurus has a well deserved reputation for putting out crap semi auto pistols, that's just the way it is.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just understand that while yes, it is certainly possible to get one that is well put together and reliable, the chances of getting one that isn't is much greater than it should be.
    BINGO!

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt LE6920 View Post
    It blows my mind that manufacturers would release a low quality product to a market in which there is a good chance the end user could be military, LE, or a CCW. I have told this story before. When I was new to guns I bought a charging handle at a gun show that turned out to be made of pot metal. Fortunately I realized something was wrong because of the extra flex in the CH and had it replaced immediately. If I had put that on my issue rifle and not realized that it was poor quality it could have gotten me killed. What can we do to hold these companies responsible for the potential hazards that their products could cause?... I won't buy from them. That's for sure. This is not the right industry or market for cheap knock-off's and careless QC. People's lives could be on the line.
    Happens all the time. Ever heard of Oly Arms?

Most gun manufacturers do NOT expect the person buying their gun to ACTUALLY shoot it very much.

It is cheaper for them to take the chance that you won't shoot it than to put quality parts in the weapon. If you actually do shoot it and break something, covering the shipping back to them and repair is a gamble they are willing to take.

C4

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Most gun manufacturers do NOT expect the person buying their gun to ACTUALLY shoot it very much.

It is cheaper for them to take the chance that you won't shoot it than to put quality parts in the weapon. If you actually do shoot it and break something, covering the shipping back to them and repair is a gamble they are willing to take.

C4
    Ha! Yeah, I know them! Would never consider owning one.
    Last edited by William B.; 06-21-11 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    Thats really fnn pathetic! I wish nothing but bad things on companies that do that shit.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Here's me eating HUMBLE PIE. What a piece of shit this Taurus PT1911 is.

It didn't even make it to the range before the left side safety worked itself loose and came OUT. I'll have to find some way to get something out of it.

I put it back in its case where it will sit until I sell it or trade it off.

I'm sorry I ever tried to defend it for anything other than what Grant said it should be used for. My humble apologies for this waste of bandwidth.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post

It didn't even make it to the range before the left side safety worked itself loose and came OUT. I'll have to find some way to get something out of it.

I'm sorry I ever tried to defend it for anything other than what Grant said it should be used for. My humble apologies for this waste of bandwidth.
    No worries, its how we all learn... If you note my post you experienced the same thing I did and warned of, except it snapped off on me!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My CCW is a Glock 30SF, and has been for the past year. I'd bet some people would say that it is a poor choice as well.
    Some folks may not like the feel of Glocks, the trigger, the sights, whatever, but almost no one would claim that it is an unreliable or unsafe pistol.

That's what people are telling you about the Taurus - note the difference.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

It takes a big man to take a bite out of humble pie. It initially tastes like chit, but you will grow (as a man) because of it.

Call up Taurus and get the weapon fixed and then sell it. Save your money and guy a used TRP or WC.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe Taurus will pick up shipping both ways.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This has been a most enlightening and, at times, amusing thread. Condolences to the OP on the pistol not living up to his expectations. That said, it appears to have met the expectations of several members who offered feedback on the Taurus.

When I got the 1911 bug several months back, I also looked at the Taurus, Rock Island, etc. but ended up buying a used Springfield MC Operator. Damn glad I did.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast