Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Single-Point -v- Two-Point Slings

Feedback Score
    I have been a fan of the single / one point sling for a while now. I think im going to try out the Blue Force sling and see how it works !
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I just received the BFG UDC and the COntractor Pak from Grant. Awesome gear!
    I would recommend them, very useful and versitile.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Aubrey, I ordered a Vickers/ BFG sling yesterday and will let you know how I like it. Others here and over on 10-8 are more qualified to give an opinion but I will use it in a local LEO carbine class in July and will get back to you.
    Thanks to all the criminals for the continued in-service training. Police K-9 "Diesel"
    In memory of retired K9 "Ranger" 11/97-12/06. A friend lost but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    I have been a single point sling fan for a long time, but decided to play around with 2 point slings. So I took one of BFG's Isreali slings and used it with the MI Rail mount and the CQD rear sling mount. What this gives me is a tremendouse amount of flexibility. I can run a 2 point sling and in a matter of seconds convert it to a single point sling! To me, this is the most versatile setup made.

If you want a single point sling, I like the TROY and The BFG UDC. For a 2 point, I like the new BFG/Vickers slings.

C4

+1. Exactly what I've gone with, only I use a Viking Tac sling as I want to be able to quickly change the length/tightness of sling.

Recent incident at work (LE) required me jumping several fences with my M4 in hand to QUICKLY get to a firing position on a BG. The old single point sling was a pain in the ass as I couldn't quickly slide my rifle around to my back for easier fence climbing. Had to bascially climb or vault each fence one handed with my rifle in the other hand, or thrown it down in the next yard. The second officer running with me wasn't close enough to hand off the rifle and time was tight, plus he was carrying an M16A2....long story.

With the Viking Tac sling, I can swing the rifle around to the rear, tighten/shorten the sling and have my rifle right against my back completely out of the way for climbing ladder/fence/going thru window etc..

Anyway, my .02$.

My first post!

Cheers to all!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    This has been a discussion on many a forum. In my agency, a lot of guys ran with the single point. It has a lot of advantages including the fact that the weapon can be transitioned to the support side. It requires (to actually secure it) a weapons catch if you intend to climb/ decend etc. One night, we spent 4 hours looking for an armed suspect in a semi-urban environment with lots of fences. The single point guys hated life. The two point guys simply rotated the weapon to their back whereas the single pointers had to hand their weapons off to the two pointers. Our policy at the job (and a good policy in general) precludes putting hands on someone with a weapon in your hands; tough to do with a single point sling. The job dictates the gear. For vehicle operations, the single point works really well. To avoid the pendulum effect, rotate the weapon outboard on the support side. The mag will generally trap itself against the body and keep the weapon from knocking you in the groin. Special units have been using the single point for some time now with great success. Its a good system. The three point systems have seemed to have gone to the wayside. One cheif complaint is the strap that runs along side the controls on the M4. The other is the inability to get out of the sling in full kit. Having a system (like Grants) that allows versitility is optimum. Either way, determine what the weapon will be used for and equip it appropriately.

Feedback Score
    Tom-
    Good to see you here.

What's up with the sling you were working on?

Erick

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm still working on it and have develope COLORS for the thing. now it comes in tan and OD. i have changed the buckles out too and increased the width of the strap to 1 1/2 inches. I have been working with Mike at CSM gear for improvements and ideas. He makes a great 1 point as well. thanks for having me. tom

Feedback Score
    Single Points have their purpose, I like them for CQB type work. I prefer my GRC SOPMOD 3 point for patrolling and such.

Avoid single points with pushbutton disconnects, they tend to give out at the worst possible times, like when your being hoisted up into a helo.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv
    I need role models and places to go to keep me out of trouble...
    You also need to repost you pic with your shiny new LaRue Hard Mount instead of that soft mount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I prefer the VCAS sling, or a VTAC if that's your fancy. Both are functional, high quality products.

A 3pt is a 2pt with extra mag pouch retention, if you pick up what I'm getting at. IMO they are a gimmick. 1PT slings are OK, but they still tie down the front of your kit, as wll as only offering one stabilizing point to the weapon. In laymans terms your gun swings on a pivot point and smacks you upside the nugget and on the knees when running, climbing, fast roping, or other activities of that nature.

YMMV, slings are mostly only a matter of personal opinion. The 2Pt adjustable offers the most advantage for my situation so that's what I use.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast