Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MagPul AR-10 Mags?????

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'm getting rid of my last 308 AR right now and will build another FAL, I found both the AR10 and DPMS magazines to be fairly problematic. The pmags don't seem to be coming out any time soon anyway.

An AR10 upper with a lower that took SR25 mags would be the only way I'd get back into it.

I agree 100% with Shivan, the folks at Armalite would be wise to start double dipping in the 308 mag market.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    That is what I thought. I was leaning towards the DPMS lower anyways. The Magazine issue came up when I started looking at availability. price, and user reports.

Thanks for the info.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    I have a DPMS and have had no problems after about 2500 rounds and 2 deer seasons in the ND plains, cold, dust, snow. The DPMS mags have been flawless.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Even as an "ArmaLite guy", I agree. Building a weapon around the SR-25 mag is pretty smart. If ArmaLite came out with lowers that took the SR-25 mags and could retain the same uppers with no mods, I would buy new lowers. They don't listen to these ideas though, much to my dismay.
    I like the fact Armalite has 25 round mags. But I have had problems with all my Ar10 mags in one regard. When reloading from an open bolt (dry) when I insert the mag the top round almost always pops out causing me to have to shake it out of the action before I close the bolt. It does not ake much force at all for this to happen. I have to really think to slow down so this does not happen when reloading.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
    I have a DPMS and have had no problems after about 2500 rounds and 2 deer seasons in the ND plains, cold, dust, snow. The DPMS mags have been flawless.
    Same experience here. Heard DPMS had a bad run of .308 mags but I've been lucky so far. Looking forward to the Magpul versions.

Feedback Score
    25 round magazines are available for the DPMS/ Knight's rifles from POF-USA, although they are pricey.

Feedback Score
    Zero problems with DPMS brand mags.

Stay away from the C-Mag brand. Every one we tried was defective (DOZENS of them). They wouldn't even lock in a lower, had to modify the mag catch hole, then once you got them to lock in place they wouldn't feed.

Feedback Score
    That really sux, I would love to have some PMags for my AR-10. Hopefully someday they will realease them because there are a lot of AR-10 owners out there. I would buy atleast 30 myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerHood View Post
    Zero problems with DPMS brand mags.

Stay away from the C-Mag brand. Every one we tried was defective (DOZENS of them). They wouldn't even lock in a lower, had to modify the mag catch hole, then once you got them to lock in place they wouldn't feed.
    C-Mag or C-Products? I've heard nothing but positive on the CP stuff. So far

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay2984 View Post
    That really sux, I would love to have some PMags for my AR-10. Hopefully someday they will realease them because there are a lot of AR-10 owners out there. I would buy atleast 30 myself.
    +1, Would like to have a bunch as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast