Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Day Assault Pack

Feedback Score

3 Day Assault Pack

What are some good items yall would include in a 3 Day Assault pack? Im not talking about an E&E or BOB, but an Assault Pack. What items would you put in your pack to go on a 2 or 3 day partol or mission to assault a position. Terrain would be pine forests and low lying scrub.

I think the pack should be light, as, its going to be lugged around on foot for three days.

For food ive essentially got three days worth of:

Oatmeal, Beef jerky, cliff bars, protein powder, peanut butter and trail mix (make my own)

Ive also included in my pack, a med kit, gun cleaning, bug spray, a knife, some 550 cord, a brown tarp, batteries for my optic and light, and essential hygene stuff, including toilet paper. I also packed some extra plastic bags, just in case theyre needed.

Is there anything im leaving out? right now the pack is up to around 23lbs.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 22:54.

Feedback Score
    doc, no trap. im just curious to be honest, I just joined the military recently and have an Eagle A III assault pack and thought it would be good practice and exercise to get a list of possible things i may need and throw an Assault pack together and go on a hike.

There is no mission here except a couple days of fun in the woods with some buddies.

I cant really think of any reason to be assaulting anything here in the CONUS short of a massive natural disaster which spawns a social breakdown, communist invasion, or civil instability... and the chance of any one of those three happening is about the same chance i have at being able to successfully impregnate two lesbian pandas in a kinky three sum to create some sort of pandaman.

I googled and couldnt really find anything. I was wondering mostly because, just from the things ive thrown into a pack, i can see where these things could start to get a little on the heavy side, and was mainly looking to see what the differences would be in what one would throw into a bug out bag (oh shit contingency bag), and an assault pack. What does a two or three day assault pack typically weigh on average?

Cheers bros.
    Last edited by Romeo Foxtrot; 11-25-09 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 22:54.

Feedback Score
    lulz, nice pic. thats what ive been doin though, i got around 23ish lbs in it now, im gonna work up to around 50 ish. thanks dude.

PM inbound...
    Last edited by Romeo Foxtrot; 11-25-09 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe throw a plate or two in to simulate the weight of extra ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Stewie View Post

Shit gets heavy, I try to cut down on gear as much as possible to streamline my kit and move faster but sometimes you just have to gut it out. What is your MOS? Train up and hit the trail, progressively adding weight and you will get along fine.

DOC

Gotta love humping the baseplate It makes you feel like a ninja-turtle with a big shell on your back.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietam ~1659

Feedback Score

Assault Pack for Mission(s)

for "Trainning" toss in a few bricks/ ammo can full of sand, ect. ect.

AD Light had to carry Law/ AT-4.. full of sand/ lead and ammo can(s) of the same for trainning.. skipped carring much otherwise. water, ammo, "explosives", socks, a tee shirt, TP, clean kit,shave kit, poncho w/ liner "pack light feeze at night" a bunch of other small stuff that add up realy quick. Moving fast isn't always what the Dismounted or Light Inf. performs there quick and noisy or stealth and slower.

Feedback Score
    Not knowing what you do for a living, are we talking "raiding an incampment of enemy's from say, 400 yrds away" or are we talking about a military operation?

(10 cool points for whoever gets the cross-forum reference. )

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-08-17 at 22:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast