Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Day Assault Pack

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Foxtrot View Post
    What are some good items yall would include in a 3 Day Assault pack? Im not talking about an E&E or BOB, but an Assault Pack. What items would you put in your pack to go on a 2 or 3 day partol or mission to assault a position. Terrain would be pine forests and low lying scrub.
    With all due respect,

Your food menu reads like you are going to 24 Hour Fitness rather than a 72 hour kill fest. You will probably be issued 3 MREs per day, but end up taking only a few because most of your space will be taken up with ammo.

Your brown tarp will be used to recover your body since you didn't bring any water and choked to death on dry protein powder. Why do you want protein powder anyhow? How about some caloric dense food that doesn't require water to fix or give your a farts? Not good for team moral..

What good is keeping your med kit, cleaning kit, and spare batts in your pack if you will probably be leaving it in the ORP or PB anyhow? Or are you planning on assaulting with your pack on? What if things go FUBAR and you have to EE and leave your pack behind? Maybe some stuff should be stored on your body rather than inside the ruck?

Hygene? You are going out for three days. You probably need one spare set of socks. You will not shave or use soap. Probably not wear underwear. Toilet paper is in the MREs. If not, use a leaf or low lying scrub.

Are you moving through the FEBA, being dropped off by helo, or beaming down from the mothership? How are you getting back from the Piney woods?

Hmm, can I assume you have never been in the military? Sorry for being a bit sarcastic, but what I am trying to say it that you are talking about military operations. Even if you are not part of the military, you are still doing military ops. Think about it.

Sincerely,

IN
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE G View Post
    Do you think it will involve shooting oxygen tanks with a mosin nagant (reply to your cross forum reference and not the OP of this thread)
    Hells yeah. A sub-moa one at that.

-B
    Last edited by BAC; 12-12-09 at 20:41.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    With all due respect,

Your food menu reads like you are going to 24 Hour Fitness rather than a 72 hour kill fest. You will probably be issued 3 MREs per day, but end up taking only a few because most of your space will be taken up with ammo.

Your brown tarp will be used to recover your body since you didn't bring any water and choked to death on dry protein powder. Why do you want protein powder anyhow? How about some caloric dense food that doesn't require water to fix or give your a farts? Not good for team moral..

What good is keeping your med kit, cleaning kit, and spare batts in your pack if you will probably be leaving it in the ORP or PB anyhow? Or are you planning on assaulting with your pack on? What if things go FUBAR and you have to EE and leave your pack behind? Maybe some stuff should be stored on your body rather than inside the ruck?

Hygene? You are going out for three days. You probably need one spare set of socks. You will not shave or use soap. Probably not wear underwear. Toilet paper is in the MREs. If not, use a leaf or low lying scrub.

Are you moving through the FEBA, being dropped off by helo, or beaming down from the mothership? How are you getting back from the Piney woods?

Hmm, can I assume you have never been in the military? Sorry for being a bit sarcastic, but what I am trying to say it that you are talking about military operations. Even if you are not part of the military, you are still doing military ops. Think about it.

Sincerely,

IN
    never been in the .mil. you bring up valid points. thanks for your input bro.

Feedback Score

assault pack

This was a base packing list for an assault pack used in OEF...

500ml IV ringers bag and starter kit
    100 ounces of water in a second hydration bladder
    Two Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs) broke down
    Poncho and Poncho Liner
    Bivy Sack
    Undershirt
    Batteries
    2 pair of socks
    Polypro or ninja suit shirt
    Fleece cap
    M4 Rifle Cleaning Kit
    Personal hygiene kit
    Sling rope with two snap links

I am not a fan of rote packing lists, but this was one. As base packing list I am referring to the bare minimum, more mission specific items will be added like a MG belt. As for personal items, I would add ephidrine pills, 550 cord, 100mph tape on a plastic card,IFAK spare. I wouldn't carry empty plastic bags, use them to pack your gear. If you need less than what is listed, you dont need an assault pack. I actually like the MOLLE waistpack.

I should note like others above, that when conducting an actual assault, few actually wear a pack. A medic, ratelo, breaching element would be the likely suspects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12