Quote Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
FWIW, somewhere between 30% and 60% of the population exhibit astigmatism, which makes RDS less than ideal. (I googled and found both numbers and spanned them...) I'm among that group, and am trying to decide if a fast blur for close range outweighs the real lack of precision for longer range - it's much more of a problem for those with that eyesight problem than for those without it, and it's not a small part of the population.

I'd sure prefer facts and arguments to assurance that the other folks are wrong, which is seldom the case, anyway. The Aimpoint argument is easiest, as there isn't much to compare with it, with EOTech likely looking to need a depot level maintenance facility. On the other hand, I'm finding the 1-4x scopes nearly impossible to choose among, as the scopes with good qualities are much, much more expensive than the RDS.
I have astigmatism and for the ranges where a Red Dot is ideal its not an issue. For small targets and precision shooting your better off with a scope.
Pat