Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ballistic Software ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bullet Flight

I got it figured out, if you fail to enter and SAVE your range, by pressing "Done" you get the off the wall reading. Make's sense to me.

D Williams

Feedback Score
    I can help you try to figure it out. I can be reached through the email provided for support. No one else has reported this but if I had the iPhone in front of me I would look for strange characters in the input fields.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Good to go

RSilvers, I got it figured out. I was the problem, I was doing a timed 500/800 yard shoot. Known distance. never the less I was using the Program for practice.

I imput known data, minus distance which some how zero'ed with out defaulting to a minimum 25y.

Seems to be good to go now. Good learning lesson always have a redundent back up system. In this goat ****, I had a dedicated range card to default to.

Life is the lesson.

D Williams

Feedback Score
    This program is for the PC, but is really nifty and super easy to use:

Shoot! v3.5

http://www.ballistics-software.com/shoot.htm

I'm on v3.2 But it is useful for working up loads and printing out tables or graphs providing path and velocity information. Will also tell you how many clicks (or MOA) you need to adjust based on distance.
    Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Essential equipment for long range shooting

I was reading here and on other long range sites about ballistic calculators and their direct application to the long range shooters world.

Like every other thread here everybody has their own idea's why they do what they do. Ive been doing this awhile now and shoot alot.
    However, Ive still got alot to learn.

Ive developed what I believe to be a basic essential long range shooters kit.

I was hoping you guys would share your kit and the "WHY" behind the kit.

For instance I believe and have learned that the very basic kit "For me" must have the following.

1. Ballistic Calculator. I use the KAC version Bullet Flight III on an I Touch. Many programs out there , this just happens to be what I have, and Im happy with the content.

2. Kestrel Pocket Weather Tracker 4500. A must for being on the cutting edge of the exact spot your shooting at. My home is 4200 ft, I can gain or loose alttitude in driving to one of my shooting locations.

Some have suggested an I Phone or Black Berry for dialing up a weather station in the area. I think that's fine, but known input at the exact spot your shooting is just that much more accurate which makes your input more exact.

3. Range Finder. Currently using a Leupold RX-II. It's compact and ok, not really what I want. Range to 700y but you have to work the finder and be very steady. With this range finder I have trust issues.

I will range the target then range a couple of items near the target for confidence and accurate input.

4. Dedicated range card for redundancy and possible equipment failure. This card is developed over a crono at three specific alltitudes 1000 2500 4500 sea level.

That's it for me, These four things are critical for shooting any distance. I carry other stuff but not much. I also like a slope doper for up hill/downhill.

In my learning curve Ive spent thousands of dollars on cool stuff. Where the rubber hits the road this stuff is just fluff and not really needed.

What are you guys carrying and why. Educate me please.

D Williams

Feedback Score
    Kestrel now makes a Ballistic Calculator built into it's 4500 model. Does anyone have any experience with it? Who wrote the ballistic calculator etc?

Feedback Score
    Check out isnipe app.
    I've been using it to fine tune my accuracy with my
    Savage arms 10BAT-S/K, and so far I have cut my groupings in half
    Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why not give this a shot it is easy and doesn't require you to buy and expensive phone in order to make it work. Plus it doesnt require batteries.

http://www.actsvirginia.com/sliderule.php
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    ...I use a blackberry phone and had hoped to be able to apply a program to it...D Williams
    There is a free ballistic calculator in BlackBerry App world (MES Enterprises). I downloaded a few days ago it but haven't used it or tested it against other data charts. For the load I shoot through my 300 Win Mag it looks to be pretty close to the program I use on my PC though.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Why not give this a shot it is easy and doesn't require you to buy and expensive phone in order to make it work. Plus it doesnt require batteries.

http://www.actsvirginia.com/sliderule.php

Good stuff

Good luck

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast