Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What Ballistic Software ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have Ballistic FTE and a Kestral.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I know this thread is several years old but instead of starting a new thread I would like to add current info to this thread so all the info can be tracked in one place.

What is everyone using now? I am looking at Applied Ballistics or TRASOL on my Android phone but not sure which one.

Feedback Score
    I have both, along with several others... You will find the "koolaid" drinkers for both sides... I don't have a dog-in-the-fight for either side... That being said, AB works better for me...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I know this thread is several years old but instead of starting a new thread I would like to add current info to this thread so all the info can be tracked in one place.

What is everyone using now? I am looking at Applied Ballistics or TRASOL on my Android phone but not sure which one.
    I think Applied Ballistics either in an app or on a Kestrel is the way to go. It seems like the best model going right now.
    Certified Armorer: Glock, AR15/M16, Kimber 1911

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have heard Applied Ballistics is great out to 1000 yards. After that it gets sketchy. One thing I like about AB is the truing feature.

Trasol went from $39.95 to $9.95 last week so I bought that. Unfortunately it does not have the truing feature.

I still have to pick up a Kestrel and re-zero my rifle after changing scope mounts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What's the best ballistics app on iOS for my iPhone/iPad?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Another Android user here and just recently had a phone die on me, taking all my data with it. I was using Strelok, free edition. Now that I am starting again with inputting rifles, loads etc I was doing a little reading on apps for Android and saw a few threads elsewhere with Strelok not getting good feedback. Is Applied Ballistics considered the most accurate model? Are there any apps where you back up your data in case you need to restore?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I know Shooter and Trasol both let you sync your data to the cloud. I've never used AB. It's a highly regarded solver, but I've seen data indicating that Trasol is better for ELR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you are shooting Lapua bullets, then the Lapua Ballistics app is probably the most accurate ballistics software that you can have in iOS/Android. It is currently the only app that uses the 6DOF calculation model.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macht View Post
    I know Shooter and Trasol both let you sync your data to the cloud. I've never used AB. It's a highly regarded solver, but I've seen data indicating that Trasol is better for ELR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Think I am going to give Shooter a try.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast