Thread: FAL Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Finished the Rhodesian Duracoat:

IMG_2268.jpgIMG_2270.jpg

Feedback Score
    FAL 1.jpgFAL 2.jpg

My new toy.

Feedback Score
    My three amigos. They all get along very well despite coming from different cultures.

Last edited by snake-in-the-grass; 08-17-16 at 10:08.

Feedback Score
    that is straight hawtness!

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Fresh new PARA:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Got in some range time with my old Imbel beater. It's a CAI import, somehow I seem to luck out with Century and I keep getting the good ones.

Shot a little slow motion on the iPhone, it's amazing how controllable a FAL is for a full size battle rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Find what it is in life that you do not do well......and do not do that thing....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I could not locate an "Ambi" mag catch for the FAL.

So.

An AR15 bayonet lug, sawed from the front sight base, starts its new life…...

The issue: mag changes with a FAL rifle are slow due to being somewhat limited to doing it all with one hand—remove the old, retrieve the new, lock it in. If you’re a lefty you may be at an advantage as you can use your left index finger to actuate the magazine release while your right is going for the next magazine. But if you’re a righty, your right index finger can do nothing but “wait”…..
    Unless……
    We silver-braze the aforementioned piece of bayo lug to the FAL mag release….

…shape it and checker it. Now the right index finger can contribute something while the left hand is going for a fresh magazine:

Feedback Score
    Great idea!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I could not locate an "Ambi" mag catch for the FAL.

So.

An AR15 bayonet lug, sawed from the front sight base, starts its new life…...

The issue: mag changes with a FAL rifle are slow due to being somewhat limited to doing it all with one hand—remove the old, retrieve the new, lock it in. If you’re a lefty you may be at an advantage as you can use your left index finger to actuate the magazine release while your right is going for the next magazine. But if you’re a righty, your right index finger can do nothing but “wait”…..
    Unless……
    We silver-braze the aforementioned piece of bayo lug to the FAL mag release….

…shape it and checker it. Now the right index finger can contribute something while the left hand is going for a fresh magazine:
    That's awesome. I'm a lefty and adopted the l1a1 mag release to use on the left index. Would like to do something like this for my bolt catch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by medicman29 View Post
    that is straight hawtness!
    The Para kit went back to DSA.

It was a no-nose, and when you dropped the bolt it would lift the topcover and pinch it to the receiver, making it impossible to hand charge even with gorilla strength.

I pogo'd it a few times after snapping that pic, but every-single-piece of the para kit had a major flaw- so I got a refund and bought an R0933 upper from Grant for less money.

Happy ending.

Feedback Score
    The Rhodesian Build

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast