Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Media: Punk Band Celebrates Seattle Officer's Death

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Media: Punk Band Celebrates Seattle Officer's Death

Boils the blood...

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-1119...,5398060.story

Seattle Band Sells Shirt Praising Alleged Cop Killer Christopher Monfort
    Band Leader: "When police die, I feel that the streets are just a little bit safer. "
    Dana Rebik Web Reporter
    3:36 PM PST, November 19, 2009

SEATTLE - "When police die, I feel that the streets are just a little bit safer. " That's what the leader of the Seattle punk band Furious Styles has to say about the murder of Seattle Police Officer Tim Brenton on Halloween night.

The local crime website Seattlecrime.com broke the story with a photo of the band's latest t- shirt - emblazoned with a picture of murder suspect Christopher Monfort and a blood-covered Seattle Police badge.

The shirt reads "Deliver us from evil".

Less than three weeks after the murder of Officer Tim Brenton, Seattle Police Guild President Rich O'Neill says this shirt is taking things too far.

"It is very vulgar and a display of some of the same sick attitudes the suspect Chris Monfort harbored," says O'Neill.

People we spoke with who follow the punk scene say they are also offended.

"It's sort of part of the movement. This is a genre of music that is very anti-authority and anti-establishment but the shirt is still in very poor taste," says Kevin Toth.

According to Seattlecrime.com the band leader, Michael Torres, wrote about this about the t-shirt on a local punk rock website - (misspellings are his)

" .....Over the last week, I saw a lot of support for this dead officer, and a lot people who alledgedly hate the police putting their opinions aside in the wake of this supposed "tragedy". I've heard it all...he had a family...he has kids...etc...so spare me that bullshit. Everyone has families, many adults have children. That doesn't excuse the actions of police in general and I refuse to change my opinion on the subject. When police die, I feel that the streets are just a little bit safer. So with that being said, I'm in no way embarrassed that we made this shirt. A lot of people took a stance on the situation....now I'm taking mine. "

Police Guild President Rich O'Neill says, "The very people who want to criticize you and be anti-police are the first ones to call 911 when they have been victimized. They don't call their fellow band members."
    Band's MySpace site here: http://www.myspace.com/furiousstyles206
    Last edited by ST911; 12-15-09 at 21:06.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Watch six, M-F

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Typical anti Cop hate....and probably a Publicity Stunt to get more attention. People can hate all they want on the Police but they will always call 911 when situations get dicey..
    Last edited by Ak44; 12-15-09 at 21:09.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs down

Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Road Trip?

Feedback Score
    idiot, so inept that his only way to get attention is to be extremely stupid

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    But he would be the first to cry like a bitch when we couldn't get there fast enough when he needs us.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop1911 View Post
    But he would be the first to cry like a bitch when we couldn't get there fast enough when he needs us.
    Yup, people always say F the police but cry Police when they need help and all the tough guys that talk smack to cops....once they get cuffed and in the car they cry like a little girl.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am all for free speech but my Fist would like to celebrate this punk's worthless face in an orgy of Freedom of Expression.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    I know people personally who try to be the edgiest and most over the top. Its all for shock value and image. I would take everything that POS says with the knowledge that he probably doesnt even truly mean what he says. He is just trying to uphold a stupid image. What a sad pathetic human being.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast