Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking 9mm

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a 9mm carbine that gets a fair amount of recreational use - it's cheaper to shoot than 5.56 plus can be shot on local indoor ranges in the winter. I wish I lived in an SBR state, though... someday.

Feedback Score
    If you carry a 9mm side arm and SHTF scenario occurs, you only have to find and use one type of round.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher...if it's written in English, thank a United States Marine!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_otw View Post
    If you carry a 9mm side arm and SHTF scenario occurs, you only have to find and use one type of round.
    Even better is when your carbine uses the same mag!
    I think I'm going with a Spike's Tactical 9mm upper......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_otw View Post
    True, but if you can't find that one type of round, you're SOL... that's always been the rationale behind the diversification of my weaponry.

Feedback Score
    I finally got my carbine put together, what a kick! I have a few more "accessories" on the way for it. So far it runs smooth with no hiccups.
    Check it out....
    Last edited by Archer-one; 02-17-10 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    There are things you can do with a 9mm carbine or 9mm SMG that you just can’t do with a 5.56 carbine.

There is a “story” of a guy here in Tucson that was having a problem with a coyote knocking over his trash can a making a big mess that he had the clean up the next day. Thanks to his suppressed 9mm SMG he does not have a trash can problem any more. No one heard a thing and no one complained about any noise.

If you are thinking it was me, IT WAS NOT!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DDLES View Post
    There are things you can do with a 9mm carbine or 9mm SMG that you just can’t do with a 5.56 carbine.

There is a “story” of a guy here in Tucson that was having a problem with a coyote knocking over his trash can a making a big mess that he had the clean up the next day. Thanks to his suppressed 9mm SMG he does not have a trash can problem any more. No one heard a thing and no one complained about any noise.

I wouldn't even dare! LOL.
    I can't wait to get a can for this little unit! Nothing like good, clean, silent fun!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDLES View Post

LOL....Reminds me of the guy in my neighborhood that took used a similar suppressed AR9mm to get rid of the raccoons that kept getting into his trash Yes they do fill a role the 5.56 can't.
    Last edited by wahoo95; 02-24-10 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    I'm building a 9mm SBR with the Gemtech talon upper and I have the Gemtech supressor on order. I can't wait it is going to be a lot of fun. Also I think 9mm are good for the same reasons as an MP5, a good close quarters weapon.

Feedback Score
    9mm ARs are awesome.

Why?

Can we shoot our 223s indoors?

No = less training is you live in a rainy Seattle or a snowy Denver.

How much to shoot a case of 223 ammo?

$17/box of 50 * 20 = $340 ($320 a case on sale)

Case of 9mm = $11.50/box 50 * 20 = $230 ($200 case on sale)

You save $100 per 1,000 rounds shooting 9mm.

If you reload, you can shoot that 9mm case for $100-120.

Sten mags are $3.50 in bulk and who can't use 20 magazines?

Love shooting 223 at 100-300 yards but I can train with 9mm AR-15s or my other pistol cal ARs for five winter -early spring month where I would be less likely to shoot outdoors during those months in Seattle. Soggy targets suck.

I see a great value in 9mm AR-15s!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast