Thread: 6.8 SBR-Noveske?

Feedback Score

6.8 SBR-Noveske?

I have a Tactical Innovations Billet Lower and I want to build a 6.8 SBR.

I've been thinking about having a custom built piston by Addax tactical, I've heard nothing but great things about them, but then I saw this.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...since=&status=

Noveske now has the 12.5" barrel with Switchblock in 6.8 SPC and a AAC SPR/M4 mount in stock.

I know I can get a suppressor and SBR if I fill the paperwork (lucky that I live where I do), although I've heard that the 6.8 SPR/M4 supressor is hard to come by due to the fact that AAC has been acquired.

I'm wondering if I should get the Noveske upper, or wait and order the Addax Piston Upper. Both will run about the same price. I already have a Noveske 16" Recce 5.56 and it is a great rifle. I really wanted to get a piston upper, but I'm certain this Noveske upper with a switchblock will be reliable and function great with a can as long as I keep it clean.

I appreciate any thought or feedback with anyone who has some personal experience. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermiss View Post

I've been thinking about having a custom built piston by Addax tactical, I've heard nothing but great things about them, but then I saw this.

Noveske now has the 12.5" barrel with Switchblock in 6.8 SPC and a AAC SPR/M4 mount in stock.

I know I can get a suppressor and SBR if I fill the paperwork (lucky that I live where I do), although I've heard that the 6.8 SPR/M4 supressor is hard to come by due to the fact that AAC has been acquired.
    !
    I know that Noveske has some SPR/m4 mounts as I ordered a 12.5" Noveske SBR with VIS and paid for it last month. Not sure where you heard the mount from AAC was hard to acquire at the present time, maybe its just an assumption? Either way, the Addax kit and Noveske SBR are both nice. I have shot both many times.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Cold. I knew I could count on you! I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post. I've searched other forums and it is the AAC SPR/M4 Suppressor that seems to be in high demand/short supply.

I hope to meet you at the Blue Ridge 3 Gun. I shot it last year and I plan to make this one an annual event!

Damien

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Give AAC a call, they may be able to send you to a dealer who has one.

Surefire also makes a 6.8 silencer.

People who are not worried about a little bit more weight/lenght seem happy with .308 silencers as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IMHO this is the "A" answer in all things 6.8 as it is the best all-around configuration. As "K" points out, Surefire also makes a dedicated 6.8 can that would give you another option.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm wondering if I should get the Noveske upper, or wait and order the Addax Piston Upper. Both will run about the same price. I already have a Noveske 16" Recce 5.56 and it is a great rifle. I really wanted to get a piston upper, but I'm certain this Noveske upper with a switchblock will be reliable and function great with a can as long as I keep it clean.

I appreciate any thought or feedback with anyone who has some personal experience. Thanks!

Chris at ADDAX is a stand up guy no doubt.

BUT, that Noveske 12.5 w/ SB is the HEAT.

imo, DO that and don't look back...

enjoy !

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks Cold. I knew I could count on you! I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post. I've searched other forums and it is the AAC SPR/M4 Suppressor that seems to be in high demand/short supply.

I hope to meet you at the Blue Ridge 3 Gun. I shot it last year and I plan to make this one an annual event!

Damien
    If your at the BRM3G, please do come up and say hello. I usually have some swag from my sponsors to hand out. T shirts etc.
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I know that Noveske has some SPR/m4 mounts as I ordered a 12.5" Noveske SBR with VIS and paid for it last month. Not sure where you heard the mount from AAC was hard to acquire at the present time, maybe its just an assumption? Either way, the Addax kit and Noveske SBR are both nice. I have shot both many times.
    The mount definitely isn't hard to get. I just ordered one in 6.8 and one in 5.56 from AAC. They shipped next day.