Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the HK45

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Is there a LEM trigger for the HK45, like the one ToddK used in his P30?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockCop525 View Post
    Honestly, you would probably be better off with a USP chambered in .45, they are practically the same gun, minus of course the USP is bulkier, and the fact that the USP has more rounds in a magezine and should be cheaper.
    That's like my GF looks like Joanna Krupa except she's a little heavier, has different color hair, and her face is different...

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer
    Is there a LEM trigger for the HK45, like the one ToddK used in his P30?
    Ram, not sure if this is a 100% answer to your question (as I'm not sure what Todd' LEM setup is/was, as I haven't dove too deep into his P30 test(s)) but this is straight from HK-USA's site:

Well-suited for personal defense use, the HK45 is available in, or can be converted to, a wide variety of variants that use different trigger firing modes, including double action/single action (DA/SA) and DAO (double action only). The DAO mode uses the unique Heckler & Koch LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) firing system for improved double action trigger pull.
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I got a HK45 when they first came out. It is definately a quality well made pistol and IMHO one of if not the most durable and reliable 45acp pistols out their. The accuracy of my HK45 was a toss up with my S&W M&P 45. Recoil and muzzle flip were a little less with my S&W M&P 45 pistol. The ergonomics of the H&K 45 for my hand size was pretty good but not quite as good as the S&W M&P 45 pistol. I have since sold the H&K 45 as i decided i liked the striker fired pistols with no thumb safety the best and did not want to stick any more money into it sending it to Bowie for the Vickers mod, etc. I have also dumped all my 45ACP pistols and am running just 9mm. I am currently waiting on two of the S&W M&P "PT" pistols. For me the 9mm/40cal size H&K, M&P or Glock pistols still feel the best in my hand compared to the 45 size pistols. Also with the light recoil of the S&W M&P 9mm pistol and loaded with 17+1 rds of the Winchester Q4364 147 gr. bonded hp FBI service load or the Federal HST 147gr HP standard load I feel I have finally found my ideal pistol and ammo combination. I am also completely satisfied with its full size grip and will gladly sacrifice a little concealability to have it.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-24-09 at 18:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's the only firearm I own right now. I LOVE it, I carry it C&L and let my thumb ride on top of the saftey with no problems. I have the compact and as soon as some funds free up (after I get the wife her first pistol) I plan on buying the full size as well. IMHO this is a wonderful piece of equipment but the only other handgun I have fired was a glock 21.......so I guess take my opinion with a grain of salt. Good luck and Merry Christmas

Feedback Score
    LEM kits for the HK45 are available from H&K USA, but are currently out of stock (they are around $80). I was told to call back in JAN2010. Same date when asked about a V9 detent plate. So it is coming. I have my fingers crossed!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys. Now the question is whether I should pick up the 45 or 45C. I would really like to pick up a 45 or 45C with factory threaded barrel to run with a suppressor.

Feedback Score
    Factory threaded barrels are available for both (around $250), however I don't know if you can get a new pistol with one already installed. As for which one that is up to you...
    Last edited by Smoke Rhino; 12-25-09 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. Now the question is whether I should pick up the 45 or 45C. I would really like to pick up a 45 or 45C with factory threaded barrel to run with a suppressor.
    If I understand correctly, the HK45C will not take the X300 light in particular. That is a popular light, and I'm not sure if it will take any of the full size lights? If you are going to run a suppressor, why not get the HK45?

Josh- you ever post pics of those completed Sig SBR rifles?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like the 45C. LEM trigger is next. I don't much care for the Insight light; swapping it for a TLR-3. Larger lights don't fit well, and may need to be modified to fit at all.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Could someone confirm for me that the X 300 will "not" fit on the compact HK45? That would be a deal breaker for me on that gun, well actually it would be the deciding factor for me on full size vs compact with this model HK.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast