Thread: 7mm-08 Build

Feedback Score

7mm-08 Build

New to list.

I built an AR-15 a couple years ago from scratch (parts), now I'm looking to do the same to a 7mm-08. I've got the stripped lower (DPMS), the stripped upper will be on its way this coming week.

I'm not interested in the camo decked out one from Remington, I prefer an all black one. I am running into a few hurdles tho.

First and most importantly being the barrel, I never would have thought it would be this difficult to find a supplier. I know DPMS is also made by Remington's supplier (or DPMS is Remington's supplier) However, DPMS does not list the 7-08 on their website.

AR15Barrels.com in closed for a few days, WhiteOakPrecision said no custom barrels at this time.

Does anyone have more ideas. I'm not looking for a match barrel, but do expect pretty good accuracy none the less.

I'm also not finding a good resource relating the differences between the lr-308 and the AR as far as parts go, I have the 308 LPK, and understand the stock situation, what about forearms and gas blocks? Some sites list them as interchangeable, some don't. . .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THX
    Chris

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    http://ballisticadvantagellc.com/home.php

This company may be worth looking into.