Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat TTU trigger review

Feedback Score
    Thanks for post I'am very interested in purchasing a single stage trigger. And the Wilson TTU is at the top of the list.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    The original TTU is hands down the fastest trigger I have ever used on a firearm. It breaks as clean as the trigger on my rail gun an amazing gunsmith fixed up for me.

I ended up parting ways with it because there were times when I could not control the trigger when shooting hammer pairs or drills at a higher cadence.

I'm 100% sure this was my fault but it was almost as if it would bump fire against my shoulder. I would ride the reset as if I was shooting a Glock. Finger would remain on the trigger after the round was fired. I would let go of the trigger and my finger would ride it up through reset and repeat.

When doing this very quickly I found myself sometimes putting 2-3 rounds down range more than I intended to.

Since I was a kid out of all the guns I shot and and all the triggers I shot with this was the first time this happened to me. Trigger weight on this model was the lightest so maybe that combined with the short lightning quick reset was a little too much for me.

Never had that happen with any usgi or geissele triggers I've become accustomed to these days.

I intend I try their 5LBS single stage one day.

Btw I should mention the CS at Wilson Combat will move heaven and earth to help their customers. Really great people over there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceriley View Post
    any select fire trigger in the future? something like the Geissele SSF?

Maybe a single stage select fire?

Geissele has a 2stage semi and a single stage full auto.

That is what I want. A select fire trigger in a modular drop-in unit for my Colt M16 lowers. Would replace the non-rotating KNS pins that currently reside in my M16 lowers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't judge two stage triggers by the RRA NM2 trigger. Its a terrible two stage in comparison to geissele triggers.

Im partial to two stage triggers but Id like to try a quality single stage for my SD gun. Was thinking timney or cmc but I just might try the TTU. Has anyone had a CMC or Timney as well as the TTU to directly compare?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyScout4Life View Post
    Thanks for post I'am very interested in purchasing a single stage trigger. And the Wilson TTU is at the top of the list.
    Holy necropost!

Feedback Score

wilson combat ttu 3g

I purchased a ttu 3g and it installed in a le6920 and this was a very easy installation. This trigger has a better feel and action than any bolt or semi-auto rifle I own. Wilson combat makes several great products and have never been disappointed by them.

Feedback Score
    My experience with the Wilson TTU has been very positive - everyone knows I am a big Geisselle fan but I don't think you can go wrong with a TTU either

Between those two brands you have no reason to look further

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    There have been reports of multiple parts breakages on these triggers from a local SWAT team. I observed one brand new in the package with a broken hammer spring which caused it to fail to fire, and there was also a breakage with a display model.

They seem like great triggers - I've heard too much to want to try one though.

Feedback Score
    Donovan,
    Thanks for letting us know about this! Parts breakage is not a problem that we have experienced with TTU's to any extint(can't recall any). We have had springs loose strength, and springs out of place( during installation), but breakage has not been an issue over the many thousands we have shipped.

Please let me know the PD in question(thru PM if you prefer), and we will contact them ASAP to make sure that we take care of their problems, and of course we would really like to get our hands on these problem TTU's,

While they may have already had contact with us, I don't recall hearing about it, and something involving parts breakage would have caused quite a stir. If they have already contacted someone at WC, we would still like to follow up and make sure that everything is taken care of, and that they have reliable gear.
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    There have been reports of multiple parts breakages on these triggers from a local SWAT team. I observed one brand new in the package with a broken hammer spring which caused it to fail to fire, and there was also a breakage with a display model.

They seem like great triggers - I've heard too much to want to try one though.
    Not taking issue with the seriousness of your observations, but please keep in mind that, as presented, this is largely anecdotal -- and contrary to the experiences of most current TTU users who have thus far used and reviewed the product. "Multiple parts breakages" experienced by an unidentifed group suggests either a bad batch of product or some kind of installation errors. Further, are we talking about something as simple as a few springs popping out of the units while in their retail packaging, or actual component failures while installed in the gun?

The questions are rhetorical, but the point is that more detail is needed to really ascertain whether there is a product issue here or a user issue. Assuming the former, this would be the first serious mention of any TTU failure of which I am aware. Am certainly not saying that it is not possible, or did not happen; merely pointing out the difficulties associated with the ambiguity of the "there have been reports ..." approach. I'm also left to wonder how a problem of this severity would not already be well-known to the team at Wilson, as I would expect any department armorer worth his salt to have already been in contact with them, were the problem on anything approaching the stated order of magnitude.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast