Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat TTU trigger review

Feedback Score

Wilson Combat TTU trigger review

Just a quick note, I really, really like this trigger, a lot
    it's the first time I have ever used a single stage trigger in an AR
    for the most part, I have used the RRA NM 2 stage and been happy with it
    I have one in my Sabre Defense 5.56

I have a Jewell in my Remington LTR and while it's set lighter, the Wilson is just as nice
    It has no creep nor overtravel, and a very short reset
    in fact, when it resets, the trigger moves forward maybe an 1/8" and stops, as you start to apply pressure on the trigger there is no movement whatsoever, just a solid wall that breaks clean and ultra crisp
    very crisp and breaks like the perverbial glass rod

I did put a Gieselle SSA in my ARP 16" Recon but after using this Wilson, I think I am going to replace it with another TTU
    Not that I don't like the SSA, but that I want both of my hunting ARs to be the same trigger and would rather have the TTU than the SSA personally

in short, I don't think there's any way they could make the trigger more perfect
    Last edited by ccoker; 12-26-09 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the review.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that. I've been looking at these but have yet to hear any input.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I hadn't heard much either until you started this thread. I am glad to read your review. I am going to get one and try it out as well.

Feedback Score
    I'm currently running a JP and a Timney on my personal guns. I was thinking about the TTU for my next build (11.5 SBR). I really don't like 2 stage triggers, and have been happy so far with my current triggers, but it seems that the TTU is made more rugged and focused more toward tactical use as opposed to competition use. I look forward to hearing more reviews, as I will probably be making my puirchase in the next 3 months once my form 1 comes in.
    Last edited by LBG375; 12-27-09 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    on AR15.com there's a guy that has been using JPs and now has the TTU and definitely prefers it

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It looks a lot like the Timney design which had some problems with doubling and failing to fire. I do like the idea of drop-in trigger packs, though. However, both the Timney and the CMC had issues that resulted in recalls or replacement. Personally, I'd like to wait and see how reliable it is before buying one.

I have a CMC Super Match single stage that I liked, but just replaced with a Geissele Hi-Speed, after putting an SSA in other AR. I switched to Geissele because they are combat proven, and the CMC had been discontinued. Now the CMC is back in production, go figure.

I am finding I like a two-stage better, because it is forgiving on the take up and allows a crisp let off with a safer total pull weight.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review. The TTU series has been a huge success. We are planning other pull weights and also have a two-stage that will be shipping soon, also in various pull weights.

The resemblance to the Timney is just that- a cosmetic resemblance. We license the modular build style from CMC-as does everyone else who build a modular, drop-in trigger. Our internals are completely different-Our TTU models all have a short crisp pull and short, fast reset. Even the "two-stage" models have a short two stage pull, similar to 1911 takeup.

Our trigger geometry and parts construction are truly "Bulletproof", extremely drop safe and have a built in half-cock style safety notch if something were to fail, which hasn't happened yet.

We believe that this is ONLY drop in modular trigger that will stand up to the rigors of extreme tactical use. It took many years in development, two firearms engineers and many thousands of dollars in R&D! We guarantee your satisfaction with this product. This product was designed to be a COMBAT trigger, not a race gun trigger like all the other modular units.
    Last edited by wilsoncombatrep; 12-28-09 at 20:04.
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccoker View Post
    Just a quick note, I really, really like this trigger, a lot
    it's the first time I have ever used a single stage trigger in an AR
    for the most part, I have used the RRA NM 2 stage and been happy with it
    I have one in my Sabre Defense 5.56

I have a Jewell in my Remington LTR and while it's set lighter, the Wilson is just as nice
    It has no creep nor overtravel, and a very short reset
    in fact, when it resets, the trigger moves forward maybe an 1/8" and stops, as you start to apply pressure on the trigger there is no movement whatsoever, just a solid wall that breaks clean and ultra crisp
    very crisp and breaks like the perverbial glass rod

I did put a Gieselle SSA in my ARP 16" Recon but after using this Wilson, I think I am going to replace it with another TTU
    Not that I don't like the SSA, but that I want both of my hunting ARs to be the same trigger and would rather have the TTU than the SSA personally

in short, I don't think there's any way they could make the trigger more perfect
    Excellent review and well said. I put several hundred rounds downrange with the new trigger last week and was immensely satisfied with the crispness and break of the trigger. There was no creep or drag whatsoever.
    Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp. ~ Rollins

Feedback Score
    any select fire trigger in the future? something like the Geissele SSF?

Maybe a single stage select fire?

Geissele has a 2stage semi and a single stage full auto.
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast