Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Wilson Combat TTU trigger review

Just a quick note, I really, really like this trigger, a lot
    it's the first time I have ever used a single stage trigger in an AR
    for the most part, I have used the RRA NM 2 stage and been happy with it
    I have one in my Sabre Defense 5.56

I have a Jewell in my Remington LTR and while it's set lighter, the Wilson is just as nice
    It has no creep nor overtravel, and a very short reset
    in fact, when it resets, the trigger moves forward maybe an 1/8" and stops, as you start to apply pressure on the trigger there is no movement whatsoever, just a solid wall that breaks clean and ultra crisp
    very crisp and breaks like the perverbial glass rod

I did put a Gieselle SSA in my ARP 16" Recon but after using this Wilson, I think I am going to replace it with another TTU
    Not that I don't like the SSA, but that I want both of my hunting ARs to be the same trigger and would rather have the TTU than the SSA personally

in short, I don't think there's any way they could make the trigger more perfect
    Last edited by ccoker; 12-26-09 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the review.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that. I've been looking at these but have yet to hear any input.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I hadn't heard much either until you started this thread. I am glad to read your review. I am going to get one and try it out as well.

Feedback Score
    I'm currently running a JP and a Timney on my personal guns. I was thinking about the TTU for my next build (11.5 SBR). I really don't like 2 stage triggers, and have been happy so far with my current triggers, but it seems that the TTU is made more rugged and focused more toward tactical use as opposed to competition use. I look forward to hearing more reviews, as I will probably be making my puirchase in the next 3 months once my form 1 comes in.
    Last edited by LBG375; 12-27-09 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    on AR15.com there's a guy that has been using JPs and now has the TTU and definitely prefers it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccoker View Post
    Just a quick note, I really, really like this trigger, a lot
    it's the first time I have ever used a single stage trigger in an AR
    for the most part, I have used the RRA NM 2 stage and been happy with it
    I have one in my Sabre Defense 5.56

I have a Jewell in my Remington LTR and while it's set lighter, the Wilson is just as nice
    It has no creep nor overtravel, and a very short reset
    in fact, when it resets, the trigger moves forward maybe an 1/8" and stops, as you start to apply pressure on the trigger there is no movement whatsoever, just a solid wall that breaks clean and ultra crisp
    very crisp and breaks like the perverbial glass rod

I did put a Gieselle SSA in my ARP 16" Recon but after using this Wilson, I think I am going to replace it with another TTU
    Not that I don't like the SSA, but that I want both of my hunting ARs to be the same trigger and would rather have the TTU than the SSA personally

in short, I don't think there's any way they could make the trigger more perfect
    Excellent review and well said. I put several hundred rounds downrange with the new trigger last week and was immensely satisfied with the crispness and break of the trigger. There was no creep or drag whatsoever.
    Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp. ~ Rollins

Feedback Score
    any select fire trigger in the future? something like the Geissele SSF?

Maybe a single stage select fire?

Geissele has a 2stage semi and a single stage full auto.
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    Thanks for post I'am very interested in purchasing a single stage trigger. And the Wilson TTU is at the top of the list.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    The original TTU is hands down the fastest trigger I have ever used on a firearm. It breaks as clean as the trigger on my rail gun an amazing gunsmith fixed up for me.

I ended up parting ways with it because there were times when I could not control the trigger when shooting hammer pairs or drills at a higher cadence.

I'm 100% sure this was my fault but it was almost as if it would bump fire against my shoulder. I would ride the reset as if I was shooting a Glock. Finger would remain on the trigger after the round was fired. I would let go of the trigger and my finger would ride it up through reset and repeat.

When doing this very quickly I found myself sometimes putting 2-3 rounds down range more than I intended to.

Since I was a kid out of all the guns I shot and and all the triggers I shot with this was the first time this happened to me. Trigger weight on this model was the lightest so maybe that combined with the short lightning quick reset was a little too much for me.

Never had that happen with any usgi or geissele triggers I've become accustomed to these days.

I intend I try their 5LBS single stage one day.

Btw I should mention the CS at Wilson Combat will move heaven and earth to help their customers. Really great people over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast