Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good IWB holster for G19?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Good IWB holster for G19?

I'm waiting on my G19 to arrive at my dealer and I'm looking for a good IWB holster to carry it in. Kydex or leather, it doesn't matter. I was wondering what you guys preferences were and why.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Leather- VMII or M11
    Kydex- Phantom

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The Milt Sparks Versa-Max II is an excellent holster, as GMZ recommends.

For Kydex, may I politely recommend a Comp-Tac Minotaur?

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 01-01-10 at 13:45. Reason: bad spellur

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZ View Post
    Leather- VMII or M11
    Kydex- Phantom
    I'd also like to add the CCC Looper to that list.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    I'm waiting on my G19 to arrive at my dealer and I'm looking for a good IWB holster to carry it in. Kydex or leather, it doesn't matter. I was wondering what you guys preferences were and why.
    I use a wide variety of holsters for my G19's but my favorite IWB's are:

Kramer IWB #3 in horsehide- it is so comfortable that I can carry it 16+ hours a day without a problem. Also it has a reinforced mouth so the holster doesn't collapse when you draw it making reholstering very easy.

Carry Concepts Looper for AIWB- A very comfortable holster to use when carring appendix IWB which happens to be one of my favorite ways to carry my G19. Also it doesn't collapse when you draw.

Also make sure that you get a good belt that is made for carrying a gun. It makes all the difference in the world.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 01-01-10 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the Comp-Tac CTAC.

ToddG Guest
    My recommendations would mirror JFreuler's. For kydex (or AIWB), the Looper. For a leather behind-the-hip IWB, the Kramer #3 is excellent. The original Kramer #3 was designed specifically around the G19, as a matter of fact.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FIST #20

The C-TAC sits on the shelf ever since I got this.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-01-10 at 18:30.

Feedback Score
    I carry my Glock 19 in a Blade Tech IWB. This holster is sufficiently thin so that it does not significantly add to the total thickness that must be concealed and must fit within my waistband. It is also quite secure, and allows easy one-hand reholstering. It is adjustable for a vertical or grip forward 15 degree cant, and for 1.25, 1.5, or 1.75 inch belt loops.

As between leather and kydex, I have found that most rigidly molded leather holsters, with a reinforcing band around the mouth, add far too much thicnkess (up to 1/4 inch) for comfort or concealability. Going to a soft, unmolded leather holster gives up one-hand reholstering as well as retention unless a thumb break strap is added. Kydex is the only way I have found to get the desired rigidity and thinness. Kydex is also more forgiving of less than perfect draw technique, while leather will resist the draw unless your draw keeps the muzzle parallel to the holster. This same forgiving nature of kydex can also be a disadvantage: If your gun is grabbed while holstered, an open topped leather holster will give you more time to respond before the gun is actually withdrawn than kydex. Someone grabbing your gun is less likely to withdraw the gun at the correct angle for an easy release than you are when wearing the holster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    I use a wide variety of holsters for my G19's but my favorite IWB's are:

Kramer IWB #3 in horsehide- it is so comfortable that I can carry it 16+ hours a day without a problem. Also it has a reinforced mouth so the holster doesn't collapse when you draw it making reholstering very easy.

Carry Concepts Looper for AIWB- A very comfortable holster to use when carring appendix IWB which happens to be one of my favorite ways to carry my G19. Also it doesn't collapse when you draw.

Also make sure that you get a good belt that is made for carrying a gun. It makes all the difference in the world.

Yep HH IWB #3 for sure I have one for all three sizes of 9-40 Glocks its over kill for a model 26 but a great holster none the less.

Love it for the 19-23 for sure

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast