Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIG Barrel wear?

ToddG Guest
    That's what I meant by 3D. If it's barely noticeable by feel, it's most likely just finish wearing unevenly. Again, I wouldn't worry about it in the immediate term. Just keep an eye on it and if it worsens, contact SIG.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That's what I meant by 3D. If it's barely noticeable by feel, it's most likely just finish wearing unevenly. Again, I wouldn't worry about it in the immediate term. Just keep an eye on it and if it worsens, contact SIG.
    Thanks, good stuff. I realise that things might be .001 or so out of spec and it might just be wearing-in. Figured I would ask if others saw wear like this though. I have 2 sigs that look identical (except for that "finger"), but have no real experience with sigs and both of mine are Elite ST's and I wondered if it was normal or not. I have a retired officer friend that looked at these pix and said "normal, looks like around 1200 rounds through it", so I figure it is indeed normal. On cursory inspection, Bruce Gray also said it appeared normal at first-glance, but he is going to check the lock-up and measure things before shipping my pistol out to be Tenifer'ed. Will call him monday and if he says it all measures out good, then as far as I am concerned it's rock-solid.
    Last edited by WS6; 01-02-10 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I had some odd looking wear marks on my P226R's barrel in different spots. I think its just attributed to parts wearing in. Like was said above, I'd just keep shooting it. As long as the wear doesn't get worse and you're not having malfunctions you should be ok.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirknar View Post
    I just looked at my P220 and it doesnt have the wear right there.. Its got about 3-400 from me and I bought it gently used.
    Looked at a P220 today. Barrel-hood is designed slightly different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12