Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P15-22 range report

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    I took mine out today. I had numerous failures to eject and stovepipes with Federal Bulk Pack.

I wonder if I can tweak the spring rate by clipping a coil or two?
    Not sure if this will help.

FTE youtube video
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...ube-video.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Are the ones with the QD cup and the rear of the receiver out yet?
    At shot they said they would be available in 30 days. I would guess more like march or april

Feedback Score
    I ended up getting the flash hider version at the start of this month. I picked up 3 extra mags, a Magpul/Larue UDE kit, and installed a ML3 on it. I have bout 400 rounds though it now a mix of mini-mags, fed bulk and win bulk.

The good:
    Only a handful of malfunctions. Most from incorrectly loaded mags I suspect.
    Fun as hell.
    No firing out-of-battery yet.

The bad:
    I have had 3 instances of doubling. 2 different kinds of ammo. Not sure if it is a equipment, ammo, or shooter malfunction. Anyone else have this?
    I dont have enough time to shoot it as much as I would like.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagrave7 View Post
    Not sure if this will help.

FTE youtube video
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...ube-video.html
    Worked wonders! Thanks. Runs great now!
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    I'm a believer now too. Just freed one and it was a blast to shoot. Just breaking it in now. 400 rounds of CCI mini mags through it with NO FTF's, OOB's, stovepipes, etc. It was a hard choice between the metal Walther/Colt M4 .22, but what sold me on the S&W was that it works like an AR. Whereas the W/C just shoots .22's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hispeed1 View Post
    I'm a believer now too. Just freed one and it was a blast to shoot. Just breaking it in now. 400 rounds of CCI mini mags through it with NO FTF's, OOB's, stovepipes, etc. It was a hard choice between the metal Walther/Colt M4 .22, but what sold me on the S&W was that it works like an AR. Whereas the W/C just shoots .22's.
    Not to de-rail this thread too much but you probably made the better choice because I have heard complaints on accuracy with the W/C.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Not to de-rail this thread too much but you probably made the better choice because I have heard complaints on accuracy with the W/C.
    No prob man, all of this is good info for interested shooters. I'm very happy with my S&W.

Feedback Score
    Got another 300 or so rounds down range today. I did not have any doubling today, but I did have a couple of "nose up" failures. I am still thankful that I have not had one single OOB discharge as of yet. The round count on the gun is pushing 1K. After the first 200 rounds lubed with heavy automotive grease I have since switched to the little bottles that Larue always sends with orders. I lube the bolt rails and op-rod with it. I have been putting 250-350 rounds downrange each session with out cleaning or adding more lube. So far no stoppages up to 350ish rounds without maintenance. Anyways I love this gun. Heres a crappy family pic from today.:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I made the ejector modification to mine and will be able to get it out to the range tomorrow to see if it fixes my occasional failure to eject.

Thanks for sharing this information since it seems to be helping a lot of people.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 03-07-10 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    S&W M&P 15-22 Initial Range Report
    Purchased an unthreaded model from Grant a couple of weeks ago along with two extra mags. Took it out of the box today, slapped a CTR on it, mounted a 3x9 Leupold to it, dropped a little Miltec on the bolt and headed to the range. Only had an hour so I shot at 25 yards. Ammunition varied from old stuff in the misc. .22 locker to some new stuff bought today.
    1st magazine was filled with 25 rounds of some old Winchester Super X 40 grain copper plated (CP) HP in the white and orange box, old stuff thats been around my garage quite a long while. Got it zeroed in five rounds and finished the mag with no issues. It kept everything within a couple of inches. The rest of the time was spent trying different ammo and optics at 25 yards on two inch dots. Also rotating between the 3 magazines. Shot off of a table with three pieces of 2x4 for a rest. The rifle proved to be more accurate than I had thought it would be. A lot of the groups were in the 1.5 inch area with a couple of flyers. I ended up having one FTE and one round which put itself behind the ejector. Other than that no issues.
    Interestingly, the Leupold AR 1.5x4 listed in the attachment is zeroed for 55 grain PMC ammo at 50 yards on my Noveske. I just threw it on and using the first mildot below the crosshairs it was dead on. Best group of the day was shot with this setup. 25 rounds in 1.50 inches or less. Eotech was also zeroed for another AR and was grouping to the left and low about 3 inches. All in all I am very happy with the rifle and look forward to putting more rounds down range.

Attachment 4482
    Last edited by vaspence; 03-15-10 at 21:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12