Thread: info on Win. SXZ load

Feedback Score

info on Win. SXZ load

OK here gos. I have looked and can't find any real info. on this load from Winchester, the SXZ load that is on sale at Bass Pro Shop. I have seen people guess that it is Winchesters white box loads with a black coating. Is that true, is it the same velocity, what gives?

I would like to know the performance of this, expansion, penetration and the like. I'm looking for info. of the 9X19mm NATO, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP loads.

Thank you for any information.

AR-n-Ky
    " Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    John Adams

" Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    March 23 1775
    Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n-Ky View Post
    OK here gos. I have looked and can't find any real info. on this load from Winchester, the SXZ load that is on sale at Bass Pro Shop. I have seen people guess that it is Winchesters white box loads with a black coating. Is that true, is it the same velocity, what gives?

I would like to know the performance of this, expansion, penetration and the like. I'm looking for info. of the 9X19mm NATO, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP loads.

Thank you for any information.

AR-n-Ky
    My understanding of the SXZ rounds are that they are nothing more than the Winchester White Box hollowpoints with the teflon coating. Other than that, I know of no ballistics information off the top of my head. doc would be a better resource on that. Doc?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Odd Job may still have the pictures I took for him back in the Tactical Forum days.

I shot the 9mm load in water and it exhibited the exact same performance of a 115gr Super-X/USA JHP. Shallow penetration due to fragmentation.

The SXZ is nothing more than a Winchester USA/Super-X JHP with the old Lubalox coating on the bullets.

Feedback Score
    That is what I keep hearing, but they don't seam to really know. I was just wondering. I have acouple of boxes, I got on sale and they look like the WWB/ Super-X load. I was wondering if it was true, and if they were loaded to the same velocities as the Super-X load.

I was thinking that if it was fairly good, it's cheap enough to get some for when there is another ammo shortage, at least I would have a fairly good load, but I have never really found out what it really is/was. So I don't know if it was worth it.

Thanks for the help, and if anyone else knows more, and/or has tested this stuff I would like to hear about it.

AR-n-Ky
    " Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    John Adams

" Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    March 23 1775
    Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The 115gr WWB JHP, the Silvertip 115gr and this ammo are all basically the same round with a different package.