well then. ok.
Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKilo View Post
Think of it this way: I CAN get a 50-round drum magazine for my 1911. I CAN get 30 round magazines for a glock. Just because I CAN get them, does that mean that I should?

Let's take a step back and consider tactics for a moment. One of my best tactics as a civilian is the same as undercover LEO: Concealment. One conceals a firearm, one conceals intent, etc.

So, first of all, a high-cap 9mm, while offering an advantage of more bullets does not necessarily overcome the increase in weight, nor the reduced concealability from a larger double-stack magazine or wider frame.

Secondly, the shooter, for example me, has big hands. Smaller concealable subcompact 9mms which hold about the same amount of ammo as my 1911, while easily concealed, are not easy or comfortable for me to shoot. Ergo, I cannot hit accurately with them because I have difficulty getting a good grip. In a gunfight, where SPEED is the key, making inaccurate shots is a bad thing. For that reason, some shooters, such as me, may choose to use a 1911 with .45 ACP ammunition over 9mm guns that aren't as comfortable/familiar.

I make the decision to practice and be very good with what I choose to carry. I carry a 1911 with 8+1 in the gun, and two spare 10-round magazines. That gives me 29 rounds of ammunition. I am also practiced and capable of doing tactical reloads and whatever is necessitated.

While it's tempting to increase my round count, I know how I shoot with this gun, and I'm good with this gun. Higher capacity doesn't necessarily mean better odds, at least in my experience.