Thread: Interesting thread on GT about bullet performance in actual shootings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Interesting thread on GT about bullet performance in actual shootings

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1165386

OP states he's a 16 year police officer, now doing crime scene investigations. Apparently he's worked a lot of shootings and has been privy to autopsies as well. Sounds like for a busy department or agency. In the thread he states that there is no difference between major calibers, i.e. 9mm, .40, or .45. From the results he has seen, that if the bullet doesn't strike vitals, it doesn't matter what your shooting, even rifle rounds. Bottom line, as most of us already know, is that shot placement is key. States the wounds between the major calibers are indistinguishable.

I was surprised to read that, he calls pistol hollow points "marketing hype" and prefers FMJ based on what he has seen from various shootings because they feed better and they are going to penetrate more. He states that the wounds from hollow points do no more damage than FMJ. A line from the thread, "I know I'll upset a lot of people, but I think Hollow Point ammunition is a very good idea that just doesn't match up with reality."

I found it to be interesting stuff. Check it out.
    Last edited by ack495; 01-03-10 at 01:59.