Thread: M&P vs. XD(M) in Vegas?

Feedback Score

M&P vs. XD(M) in Vegas?

Hey guys,

Going to Vegas this weekend and wanted to do a little head to head comparison of the M&P .40 and the XD(M) .40.

Is there any shops/ranges that rent both?

I know XDs don't get a lot of love on this site, but I'm a "hands on" learner and want to find out for myself....And, I don't want to turn this into a forum debate...

I own a subcompact XD that I occasionally carry either off duty or as a back up. Ergonomically, I like the XD and the only time I've had any issues with a failure to feed has been with the flat nosed .40 ball rounds. Hollow points run right through.

I'd like to buy both and be able to run through all kinds of extensive test research, but I don't want to get divorced for spending $1,200 My gun a year allowance has already been spent!

So, looking for a place to rent both the XD(M) and the M&P in Vegas. Anybody point me in the right direction?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    ~George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd try contacting American Shooters (http://www.americanshooters.com) and see if they have both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
    My gun a year allowance has already been spent!
    It's only 6 days into the year so you're either off to a great start or a bad one, depending on how you look at it!

Feedback Score
    Shotdown,

Just called American Shooters and they do indeed have both.

Thanks!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    ~George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesh View Post
    It's only 6 days into the year so you're either off to a great start or a bad one, depending on how you look at it!
    The XO is also the accountant and I'll have to wait until after tax season to use the "tax deductible" excuse again!
    ~George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
    Shotdown,

Just called American Shooters and they do indeed have both.

Thanks!
    No problem. That place is better than The Gun Store. Not much of a tourist trap.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up! The wife and I are headed to Vegas in April for our anniversary. She mentioned going shooting (and possibly taking a class), so I'm gonna have to give them a call...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.