Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: colt 6920 cheapest?

Feedback Score

Explain to me

Explain to me the benefits of a Colt over any other AR brand (decent ones) What is the differences? They don't make their own LPK's, and most ones don't either. Tell me what the advantage of having a Colt other than resale? I have a 6920, and it sure wont shoot with my RRA's, Noveske's, LMT's, @ 100yds. Are they good? sure. But ask the DEA why, Colt didn't make the cut for their issued AR15's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveono View Post
    Explain to me the benefits of a Colt over any other AR brand (decent ones) What is the differences? They don't make their own LPK's, and most ones don't either. Tell me what the advantage of having a Colt other than resale? I have a 6920, and it sure wont shoot with my RRA's, Noveske's, LMT's, @ 100yds. Are they good? sure. But ask the DEA why, Colt didn't make the cut for their issued AR15's.
    This is getting old and becoming a reoccurring theme here. Please do us all a favor and read ALL of the tacked threads in the AR Technical forum and educate yourself. https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

The reason governmental agencies choose a lesser AR is due to money. They have a budget to live with, just like your local police department. They purchase like most people do, within their means and budget.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Do you actually read anything that's posted on here by people that actually use their guns? That's an honest question, because I don't know how you can say something like that if you answered "yes" to my question. Colt doesn't make all of the pieces in their LPK's, but they do make many of the parts.

Also, if you think the DEA ended up with RRA's because they are better guns, then you are in for a surprise. You apparently have never been involved in any government agency contracts, because it very rarely comes down to quality being the sole basis for a decision.

Feedback Score

Lol

Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water. But in the MC I was issued a Bushmaster, and Larue Tactical. I know pony riders love their gun and say it's the best, but I believe there are many, many,many better AR's out there. Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer? Uhhm NO, not even close, accuracy, dependable, function, nothing. So what I'm hearing is that Colt is the best AR gun around? Well I'd be willing to put my $ where my mouth is on this one. Just make your pick. Accuracy? Torture Test? And I guess the DEA picks the 2nd or 3rd best gun in the test. Read up on the DEA's website, not on someones post. I have 137 different AR platform guns, and have reviewed many of them. Call POF and ask if their guns are any better than Colt. Just a band wagon guys. Yea I like the Yankees and have since age I played in little league, but I sure as heck won't put $ on them. If owning a Colt makes you feel special, by all means buy one. I have a few, therefore I can comment on any of the guns I own. Check out Shooting USA who had AR15.com do a poll, so check out the biggest AR forum on the net and see if Colt is the best AR made. Ill sale ya mine ftf for $1100. And even let ya shoot it along with my others as well, and we will post the results here? Deal? Or buy your Colt, we'll meet at Hickory Egg Shoot and see what happens. But yea all my lil ponies are for sale.

Feedback Score

No difference? Hmmm

BTW no one said anything about a difference about the Colts, vs other AR's. Come on guys not even the "Millspec stuff" smaller buffer tube etc. Where are they machined? 6061 or 7075. You would think the "best AR would be Bar Stock Billet, 7075. At least give me some diff. barrels? are they hand lapped? NOPE Want the best? bring your wallet. Also I know what cost is on a Colt 6920, and it's much cheaper than, Noveske, POF, SABRE, etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Please, don't do this.

Feedback Score

Your right

Your right man Guys just buy your Colts, and take pics of you holdin em, then put em back in the box. Yes they are the best, by all means, and that's all the "REAL" Agencies use. And there are too many differences to list.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water. But in the MC I was issued a Bushmaster, and Larue Tactical. I know pony riders love their gun and say it's the best, but I believe there are many, many,many better AR's out there. Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer? Uhhm NO, not even close, accuracy, dependable, function, nothing. So what I'm hearing is that Colt is the best AR gun around? Well I'd be willing to put my $ where my mouth is on this one. Just make your pick. Accuracy? Torture Test? And I guess the DEA picks the 2nd or 3rd best gun in the test. Read up on the DEA's website, not on someones post. I have 137 different AR platform guns, and have reviewed many of them. Call POF and ask if their guns are any better than Colt. Just a band wagon guys. Yea I like the Yankees and have since age I played in little league, but I sure as heck won't put $ on them. If owning a Colt makes you feel special, by all means buy one. I have a few, therefore I can comment on any of the guns I own. Check out Shooting USA who had AR15.com do a poll, so check out the biggest AR forum on the net and see if Colt is the best AR made. Ill sale ya mine ftf for $1100. And even let ya shoot it along with my others as well, and we will post the results here? Deal? Or buy your Colt, we'll meet at Hickory Egg Shoot and see what happens. But yea all my lil ponies are for sale.
    First of all, no Marine I have ever known would spell it "Corp" and not "Corps". Second, unless I'm way out of my lane here, when did the "Corps" ever issue Bushmaster or Larue Tactical M16A2 or M16A4 rifles. Next, you say you work for "Black Water"? I believe you mean either "Blackwater" or Xe, but again, I could be out of my lane.

I apologize for participating in the de-evolution of this thread, but when someone posts something like this, it gets under my skin.
    Last edited by sundance435; 01-12-10 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water.

I think you mean Marine Corps and Blackwater.

The Marine Corp sells boats down in Miami.........
    Last edited by peruna; 01-11-10 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer?
    Grammar aside (Does?), do you mean Les Baer? If so, how is that backwards castle nut working out for you? Dude, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your Marine Corps and Blackwater claims, but a little voice in my head says that you may just be some teenager in living in your mom's basement.
    Last edited by vaglocker; 01-12-10 at 08:20.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast