Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: colt 6920 cheapest?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your Marine Corps and Blackwater claims, but a little voice in my head says that you may just be some teenager in living in your mom's basement.
    You'd think a guy would at least know how to correctly write the name of his employer(s).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    steveono- I'm calling shenanigans. Or, in other words, I think you're full of sh**. There are ways you can prove you were in the Corps and work for Xe. Just PM your name/info. to one of our mod's and I'm confident they can verify you are who you say.

If you are who you say, heck, you can be checked out and maybe become a Subject Matter Expert.

If it checks out, I'll apologize. Until then most of us will probably consider you a high school student that doesn't know anything.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steveono View Post
    Explain to me the benefits of a Colt over any other AR brand (decent ones) What is the differences? They don't make their own LPK's, and most ones don't either. Tell me what the advantage of having a Colt other than resale? I have a 6920, and it sure wont shoot with my RRA's, Noveske's, LMT's, @ 100yds. Are they good? sure. But ask the DEA why, Colt didn't make the cut for their issued AR15's.

Colt holds the TDP and has .Gov inspectors in their shop. The other ones are FN and SD. This make them as Mil-Spec as you can get (without enlisting).

The benefit of the Colt might not be there (depending on what you are looking for). For instance, if I only like mid-length gas systems, well them BCM would win out.

Colt makes all the key components in house. The other items are farmed out to their spec. When they come back, they perform QC on the parts and pieces. If they do not meet the TDP spec, then they are rejected.

The .Gov spec on MOA capability is 4MOA. If your Colt shoots under that, then there is nothing wrong with it.

The DEA chose RRA because THEY GAVE THEM THE GUNS FOR FREE.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water.
    In the words of Rep. Joe Wilson:
    YOU LIE!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Naaww Just Marine Corp, and now Black Water. But in the MC I was issued a Bushmaster, and Larue Tactical.
    Wait, stop the bus. Are are saying that the USMC issued you a BM M16? LT just recently started to make complete guns so I doubt you had one.

Will need some proof on the BM being issued.

I know pony riders love their gun and say it's the best, but I believe there are many, many,many better AR's out there. Does my Colts compare to my Les Bauer? Uhhm NO, not even close, accuracy, dependable, function, nothing.
    It depends on what the definition of "best" means. Some value fit/finish. Others value reliability. On a fighting gun, "looks" matter not. Reliability is all that matters and then accuracy.

Nothing about the LB AR is mil-spec. They do not meet any of the standards. This would make them classifed as lessor quality than Colt 6920 (for instance). Now does your LB more accurate than your Colt? Don't doubt that. Put 10k worth of rounds via training classes through your LB AR and then get back to us on its "dependability."

So what I'm hearing is that Colt is the best AR gun around? Well I'd be willing to put my $ where my mouth is on this one. Just make your pick. Accuracy? Torture Test? And I guess the DEA picks the 2nd or 3rd best gun in the test. Read up on the DEA's website, not on someones post. I have 137 different AR platform guns, and have reviewed many of them.
    If the defintion of the best gun means that it is Mil-Spec (follows the TDP), then yes, the Colt wins hands down. As stated in my other post, the DEA received the guns for free. Also talking with an armorer at RRA, they cherry picked the guns that went to the DEA (so that they would run). If I remember correctly, the DEA found out that the RRA guns don't all run as well as the ones tested and started to buy Colt's.

Please post a pic of your 137 AR's.

Call POF and ask if their guns are any better than Colt.
    Every manufacturer (including Oly) is going to tell you that their AR's are the best. This is when independent testing and verification comes into play. Also understanding what the Govt spec calls out and why.

Just a band wagon guys. Yea I like the Yankees and have since age I played in little league, but I sure as heck won't put $ on them. If owning a Colt makes you feel special, by all means buy one. I have a few, therefore I can comment on any of the guns I own. Check out Shooting USA who had AR15.com do a poll, so check out the biggest AR forum on the net and see if Colt is the best AR made. Ill sale ya mine ftf for $1100. And even let ya shoot it along with my others as well, and we will post the results here? Deal? Or buy your Colt, we'll meet at Hickory Egg Shoot and see what happens. But yea all my lil ponies are for sale.
    The majority of posters on BARFCOM don't know which end of the gun the bullet comes out. They tend to buy the cheapest AR they can. Instead of doing a poll on which AR is the most "popular" how bout running a poll on which of the user have run at a least 5K worth of ammo through their AR in a carbine school. This will tell you all you need to know.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by memphisjim View Post
    a local dealer has one but it 1349 plus tax
    i dont like trading with people who mark up like that
    Little introduction into the pricing of Colt LE 6920 and 6940's. The folks who are burniing them out the door at the moment for about a grand, give or take, are LE distributors who also sell to the public.
    A shop who purchased through a non-LE distributor probably paid damned close to what he is asking for that unit. Depending on when he ordered it he could be selling it at cost.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Grammar aside (Does?), do you mean Les Baer? If so, how is that backwards castle nut working out for you? Dude, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with your Marine Corps and Blackwater claims, but a little voice in my head says that you may just be some teenager in living in your mom's basement.
    More like a wannabe poser and troll from BARFCOM.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have 137 different AR platform guns...
    This one is my favorite. Even if all 137 of your ARs were bottom of the barrel (which they are not as you claim you have noveskes, LMTs and RRAs), that is still well over $100,000 just in ARs.

Give us a break.
    Last edited by parishioner; 01-12-10 at 16:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You may want to try Jensen Arms. They always have them in stock.
    Courage is being scared to death..... and still saddling up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In total I have 46 AR platform weapons, from 22rimfire, to 50BMG. I also hold the 300yd record, with an AR platform rifle. I have been a dealer since age 21, and been building, and manuf. since I was 23.

Get this guy out of here. This is his quote 7 days ago from this thread...http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=532949#post532949

I find it hard to believe he increased his number of AR platform weapons by 96 in 7 days. You can read the rest of his bull in that thread.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast