Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interoperability: Magpul B.A.D., PMags, and a Redi-Mag?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Interoperability: Magpul B.A.D., PMags, and a Redi-Mag?

The title says it all.

Is it possible to run a Redi-Mag RM MKI with a Magpul BAD installed? Do PMags fit properly (and reliably) in a Redi-Mag device? I'm looking at getting the Redi-Mag made by 'Boonie Packer.'
    Thanks,
    Pat

Feedback Score
    Just saw Magpul's Art of The Tactical Carbine and in part 1 Travis was running a rifle with everything you mentioned. Dunno if his Redi Mag was gen 1 or 2 though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Im running a Gen 1 Redi Mag using P-mags with the B.A.D. no problems so far, YMMV.

Colt

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks guys, I just wasn't sure if there would be any clearance issues with the involved equipment. I'm already running PMags in my 5.56 upper, and I just ordered the B.A.D. from AIM.
    Best,
    Pat

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No issues with mine and all I run are Pmags now. I use the Redi-Mod (the lightened version of the Redi-Mag from BFG).

Always having a reload with your rifle is a huge benefit. The BAD makes those reloads fast an efficient. Malfunction drill are easier now as well.
    Last edited by SWATcop556; 02-06-10 at 12:54.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Exactly. That's why I'm going with the B.A.D. and the Redi-Mag. It sure looks like BFG charges far more for their 'improved' version, which appears only to have been lightened. I think the Redi Mag is about $90 or so, while the BFG is about $170. For that much, I think I'll just hang with the exra bit of weight.

Thanks again,
    Pat

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I remember right the Redi Mod has a better finish also, mabey someone eles could chime in on that ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone actually know what the weight is on the standard and lighter models? That would be interesting to know. I have been thinking about this for a while now and figured since I'm handy with a dremel I may go the standard route...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    if you run the gen1, take a file to it and dehorn the interior. there were some sharp edges in mine that the plastic pmags got hung up on. it's smoother with GI mags, as the alum/steel on steel is smoother than plastic to steel.

my redi-mod had no issues
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just realized that there are about four versions of the Redi Mag. Are any of them significantly better than the others? I do like the idea of being able to release one of the mags independent of the other, which appears to be an option with second gen and later models only.
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast