View Poll Results: recce/SPR bipod choice

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

15 9.68%
  • Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

93 60.00%
  • VLTOR BI-Pod

5 3.23%
  • BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

23 14.84%
  • Other

19 12.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipods - with poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Bipods - with poll

Looking for experiences with bipods for recce/SPR type ARs. Some choices for what gets your vote based on positive experience:

Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

VLTOR BI-Pod

BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

Other

Feedback Score
    Larue/Harris swivel. I like it. It's pretty heavy though. I was looking for the tango down ones but could never find them in stock. I'd buy again.

Feedback Score
    There may be a better choice, but since I have been through two sniper schools now along with all the training I do with my precision rifle, I'll stick with what I know. OOPS! Harris bipod.
    Last edited by tracker722; 01-08-10 at 21:10. Reason: Forgot to mention which bipod

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Be sure to loctite the screw that hold the legs of the bipods on to the frame. If you use them frequently and run around with them, I have seen them come out before.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Harris / Larue combo here.....

Μολὼν Λαβέ

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You won't do better than a Bobro or to save a little bit of money & actually be able to get your hands on one without a long wait, a GG&G which is a early Bobro design.

Some examples of mine!

Feedback Score

TD ACB

Voted for what I have...

But I wouldn't pay list for it, either. I like it for all the aforementioned reasons. Very solid, no wiggle in anything. Feet are metal with tread, so probably better on dirt / vegetation than concrete / hard surfaces.

Don't like it because it has no quick release features; you need the allen wrench to remove it.

Weighs right about a pound. Folds up back along the handguard so it isn't sticking out under the barrel to snag or affect balance point as much.
    "To be born free is an accident; to live free is a privilege; to die free is a responsibility."
    - Richard Secord

Feedback Score
    I voted for what I have. Rock Creek SOPMOD w/ raptor claw feet. The only other one I have any experience with is the Harris but never mounted on an AR. I just plain like the SOPMOD better. The Claw feet will shred a shooting bench though. But they work good on the ground. I can plant the feet and pull back on the rifle "loading" it for extra stability. It really is rock solid and it was $Free.99.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "Loading" the bipod means pushing forward into the bipod causing it to tighten up.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa5...oncrete_school
    Last edited by DWood; 01-10-10 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    All of my "target" AR's have round free floating handguards so I have never used a bipod with a special mount.

The only one I have experience with is Harris. I have three of them and they have all given me good service. One of them is 15 years old and still works like new. The only downside with Harris is the bluing on the knobs, etc. You have to keep them coated with a good oil because they are not resistant to rust.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast