Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms 12.5" hammer forged barrel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Centurion Arms 12.5" hammer forged barrel

here it is people's centurion arms 12.5" hammer forged barrel, shooting report coming up. the guns a little miscolored right now but who gives a sh$%. LMT sopmod stock goin on shortly.

goin to verify the sub MOA claims monty puts out probably use one of my work nightforce 10x so stand by for that.

***notice upper is on registered SPR lower***
    Last edited by BigJoe; 03-15-10 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    BigJoe,
    can't wait to hear your shooting results. i have a 16" to go on my build as soon as the rest of the parts get here. Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My 16" barrel works well so far (local impulse buy from Rainier). I don't have good enough glass to really show off what it can do, but with irons at 50 yds I shot better groups than I've ever put to paper. I'm impressed enough to want a complete upper straight from Monty as well.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    good to hear that your 16" is doing that well. like you i will probably never put good enough glass on mine to wring it out to the last degree. an aimpoint m3 will go on mine for now. i do not have many doubts about the quality of monty's barrels from the research done before buying mine ,if i had much doubt i would have bought another barrel. it is nice to know though that if the shooter does his part the barrel will do its part. Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    12.5s rock!!!
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got back from the range. The place I chose today had a shitty policy of one round per mag so I found it incredibly difficult to group well. Also, our daylight was going fast so I had issues there with my tired eyes. With irons at 50 yards I somehow managed a 5 shot group that had all rounds touching in a vertical line and two of those rounds were nearly in the same hole. So that was me doing my damnedest to do my part.

I monkeyed around with different holds and discovered that in waning light, it is easier for me to just cut the target in half with my front sight post rather than using a lollipop hold. Even with Centurion ammo (no relation), I was able to hold inch groups at 50 yds from bench rest with irons. I am by no means a good shot, but considering the fact that I had to break cheek weld and sight picture with every round, I feel pretty good. I don't feel like this particular ammo can do much more. I did notice one canted bullet and a few rounds that were loaded too deep and put them aside.

Feedback Score
    What's the weight on the barrel? I'd love to see a profile of the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FPembleton View Post
    What's the weight on the barrel? I'd love to see a profile of the barrel.
    that information is available at rainierarms.com or centurionarms.com

Unfortunately, I have to link barfcom for pictures of the profile. It looks very much like the 16" barrel after the gas block portion going forward.

http://www.ar15.com/FORUMS/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=744874

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=42471
    Last edited by spamsammich; 02-21-10 at 02:46.

Feedback Score
    Is that barrel on Monty's site or where did you purchase? Is it a mid gas system?

I have a 16" mid from him, just haven't built it up yet.
    Last edited by Al U. 5811; 02-21-10 at 06:07.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    its on his site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast