View Poll Results: recce/SPR bipod choice

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

15 9.68%
  • Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

93 60.00%
  • VLTOR BI-Pod

5 3.23%
  • BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

23 14.84%
  • Other

19 12.26%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipods - with poll

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Bipods - with poll

Looking for experiences with bipods for recce/SPR type ARs. Some choices for what gets your vote based on positive experience:

Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

VLTOR BI-Pod

BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

Other

Feedback Score
    Larue/Harris swivel. I like it. It's pretty heavy though. I was looking for the tango down ones but could never find them in stock. I'd buy again.

Feedback Score
    There may be a better choice, but since I have been through two sniper schools now along with all the training I do with my precision rifle, I'll stick with what I know. OOPS! Harris bipod.
    Last edited by tracker722; 01-08-10 at 21:10. Reason: Forgot to mention which bipod

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Be sure to loctite the screw that hold the legs of the bipods on to the frame. If you use them frequently and run around with them, I have seen them come out before.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Harris / Larue combo here.....

Μολὼν Λαβέ

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You won't do better than a Bobro or to save a little bit of money & actually be able to get your hands on one without a long wait, a GG&G which is a early Bobro design.

Some examples of mine!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM) sure seems to be kicking ass in the poll.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Harris sitting in a LaRue that I thought was the cats .... until I got to handle a buddies BOBRO... IMHO opinion the BOBRO was much nicer and more stable when shooting in various positions.

The BOBRO seemed much more sturdy and the legs had less lateral movement. I will bring the Harris/LT at the end of the month and you can see what you think. I have it mounted on my M6A3 but you can pop it off and use it on the weapon of your choice and make your own judgment...

Feedback Score
    I only have experience with the Harris/Larue Bipod and I've been very pleased with it thus far so that's where my vote goes.

Feedback Score

HARRIS

Go with Harris all the way, if it's good enough for the Military, its good enough for me, and had never let me down. I bought a Versa Pod, and broke it on my first g hog hunt, sent it back, and it broke again while shooting at a deer. I also like Harris due to the fact that you can lean into the gun to help stabilize the shot. And for the $ midway has them for you cant go wrong. I have one on my custom 6mmBR and it's 10 years old, and never failed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast