View Poll Results: recce/SPR bipod choice

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

15 9.68%
  • Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

93 60.00%
  • VLTOR BI-Pod

5 3.23%
  • BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

23 14.84%
  • Other

19 12.26%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bipods - with poll

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockeyed View Post
    i have no bipod exp. however i was just disscussing bipods with a co-worker who is into precision rifles just showed me this.

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=323&cID=20
    CAA, on the whole, does not tend to have the best reputation and seeing their name on something does not generally inspire confidence in that product. FWIW.

Feedback Score
    I currently dont have a bipod on an AR, although I use them on other rifles. Im interested in the poll results, so I can buy a bipod, but dont want to taint it by voting.
    anybody wanna help a brother out ?

Feedback Score

TD ACB

Voted for what I have...

But I wouldn't pay list for it, either. I like it for all the aforementioned reasons. Very solid, no wiggle in anything. Feet are metal with tread, so probably better on dirt / vegetation than concrete / hard surfaces.

Don't like it because it has no quick release features; you need the allen wrench to remove it.

Weighs right about a pound. Folds up back along the handguard so it isn't sticking out under the barrel to snag or affect balance point as much.
    "To be born free is an accident; to live free is a privilege; to die free is a responsibility."
    - Richard Secord

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    CAA, on the whole, does not tend to have the best reputation and seeing their name on something does not generally inspire confidence in that product. FWIW.
    10-4, i don't recall seeing much talk about CAA here, and i wondered if they were small time, or lesser product.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have used the Harris 6"- 9" with swivel and notched legs on a .308 for precision shooting. It is the bipod of choice for most of the precision world that uses a bipod. It is reasonably priced , lightweight, and works well. On an AR I imagine the next size up (9"-13'?) would be better with 30 round mags. Harris makes a quality bipod. The Pod Loc is a noce accessory for the Harris.

The Atlas went through a long development with tons of input from precision shooters; just search snipershide.com for background. If I were to buy a new bipod it would be an Atlas.
    Last edited by DWood; 01-11-10 at 07:29.

Feedback Score
    I actually did not vote because the only bipods I have any experience with are the Harris bipods. I cannot make a judgement on products I know nothing about.

Feedback Score
    just received a Larue QR/Harris bipod set up from larue.

the QR and bipod are great but what i was really jazzed about was that in the Larue shipping box, i also found....Larue spice rub for meats, a larue ball cap, stickers and a sweet larue beverage entry tool!

i actually did have a question on the harris bipod. on the front of the bipod where the quick release mounts to the bipod plate...the welding of the swivel to the baseplate looks like a piece of dried gum holding the thing together. is this how they come? just thought the welding would be a bit cleaner. seems to work great regardless.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post
    I actually did not vote because the only bipods I have any experience with are the Harris bipods. I cannot make a judgement on products I know nothing about.
    Same boat here, only experience with Harris. I like it except for the fact that it's 9"-13" and there's a bit of wiggle when the legs are extended. If I were to buy another one, I'd really like a close look at the Atlas and GG&G bipods.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The only AR rifle I have that uses a bipod has a sling swivel built in to the bottom of the rail, retained with a nut on the inside of the rail. You can buy the studs from Brownells and do this yourself to just about any rail - but SWS incorporates a "finished" method.

I use a Harris bipod, and always have. For field shooting and hunting, I have switched to shooting sticks (primarily), a pack, a truck door/hood/tailgate or anything else that gives the height and steadiness I need.

Feedback Score
    I voted for what I have. Rock Creek SOPMOD w/ raptor claw feet. The only other one I have any experience with is the Harris but never mounted on an AR. I just plain like the SOPMOD better. The Claw feet will shred a shooting bench though. But they work good on the ground. I can plant the feet and pull back on the rifle "loading" it for extra stability. It really is rock solid and it was $Free.99.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast